Reputation Poll - gotta be done...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reputation...

• I'm a wussy and hate any kind of confrontation...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO - you could get retrospective neg reps if it's reinstated lol!! ;)

Mrs Geek said:
are you ready for this.........:?: :?:

Bitcher, Moaner, Winger....BMW - learnt it on a course once and thought it was amusing.... sorry if others don't ;) I guess I can't get any neg rep right now....:Grope: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mrs Geek said:
are you ready for this.........:?: :?:

Bitcher, Moaner, Winger....BMW - learnt it on a course once and thought it was amusing.... sorry if others don't ;) I guess I can't get any neg rep right now....:Grope: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like IT! gonna pinch that one! lol

Karren said:
Little Angel should get some good reps coming her way for her point - that if it comes back then NO MORE THREADS on the subject !!! but im sure there will be ! lol

kx

Ah cheers karren xx

lol not if she locks the thread !!! surely ?!

keep em coming samantha - bet you have loads of goodies like that one ! glad we sold the beamer even more now !

kx

Sassy Hassy said:
LMAO - you could get retrospective neg reps if it's reinstated lol!! ;)

Karren said:
lmao ahhhhhhhh see samantha you can say what you like at the mo and NO ONE can give you a bad rep ! can only report you to your hubby ! lol

Not that that will do a lot of good! :lol: :lol: BTW Karren, I noticed you hadn't added your vote - don't think I'm snooping, I made it a public poll when i did the thread so clicking on the votes shows you who's voting for what.

oopsi !

kx

Mrs Geek said:
Not that that will do a lot of good! :lol: :lol: BTW Karren, I noticed you hadn't added your vote - don't think I'm snooping, I made it a public poll when i did the thread so clicking on the votes shows you who's voting for what.

I voted don't care, but then I'm not a contraversial geek! I did miss the green blips when they went this morning, but I can't be arsed to get involved in the nonsensical chat that goes with it... sorry for being apathetic or lazy!!

id like it back .... i think ! lol but id also like to vote for the wussy option as i hate confrontation too ! lol

kx

nails@42ndstreet said:
I voted don't care, but then I'm not a contraversial geek! I did miss the green blips when they went this morning, but I can't be arsed to get involved in the nonsensical chat that goes with it... sorry for being apathetic or lazy!!

Now there is complete honesty.... cracking comment!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont know, I go out for the day ... and come back to this!!!!
Wheres my blooming green blip!
Guess this is how Sam feels though when he has had a hard day then comes here to BMW (new one on me, luv it!).
We all know Sam is a busy guy & he gave us all this wonderful site to play with but, he shouldnt have to wet-nurse our ego's!
At the ned of the day a neg rep is only someones opinion and in my humble opinion shouldnt be taken so badly as to publicly whinge about it.

Karren said:
lmao ahhhhhhhh see samantha you can say what you like at the mo and NO ONE can give you a bad rep ! can only report you to your hubby ! lol
This is also a point I had considered... without the rep system so many have complained about, how do you let peeps know if they are waaay out of line, downright rude, or you feel you want them to know you dont agree with their opinion.
Are ya gonna sling it out in public for EVERYONE'S eyes?, go PMing Sam & tell tales... no much better to neg rep and leave your coments, you get your thoughts across PRIVATELY and the other person just may stop to consider why they have received this rep.
PLEASE BRING IT BACK SAM.. I LOVED IT... and for those that dont want it... just disable it!

I think it was a good thing when used correctly. If negative reps upset you too much you always had the option to turn it off ;)

I voted to bring it back :)
we can't please all of the people all of the time so we shouldn't take it too seriousely :) (sorry about the spelling)

Ruby

I vote keep it - there are worse things in life than bad rep.

With Briony and Ruth on this one.
icon_neutral.gif
A explanation for neg feed back is appropriate but, not to be used as a dig.

I know I'm only here as a guest so feel free to ignore me if you wish, but here's my opinion for what it's worth.

What was so good about the rep points? The present problem (as far as I am aware) stems from people dishing out bad rep when the mood took them, "who does that bit*h think she is, I'll soon knock the smile from her face", and the recipient most of the time not having a clue as to why they received it. The recipient then trawling back through an old thread to find out where they'd stepped on someone's toes only to discover that there was nothing at all obvious in their post. How constructive is that? It's human nature that if something is there that can be abused, somebody sometime will abuse it. I think Geeg said earier that it is really difficult to abuse the system. That may be true regarding the bigger picture, but if one person abuses the system and upsets 2 or 3 others, that's still abuse in my book. Look at the amount of milage that this present situation has got.

I notice the person who has the final say in this still hasnt come on here. No prizes for guessing why not. Sam nust have a right royal pain in his butt dealing with this stuff. Believe me when I say that I don't intend to offend anybody in here, it's not my style, but I think it shows a lack of appreciation for what he's done to continue on with this topic. He's obviously had enough of it. I'm sure when he gets home in the evening after delivering the coal, milk or whatever *S* (did you guys know that Sam actually works for a living, it's true) the last thing he needs to witness is a catfight or a whingefest over who said what to whom. I've said on another thread that this site is so good it should almost run itself at this stage, why not pull together and make that happen?

My vote? Let the reps die a graceful death
(apologies for the long post)

I know you didnt mean anything by what you said, and with respect, i think GMG has said plenty about this in the past and it fell upon deaf ears..we were warned. He may have a good reason for not being able to reply tonight.

xxx

Get rid of it.....I'm sick of it. If I see one more post with the word Reputation in it I'll scream.

My concern is the new geeks and guests that will see all this - not a good welcome is it?!

I don't mind one way or the other really. If it does come back I think comments should be compulsory with a negative so you can learn from it. Its just frustrating and unhelpful not knowing what you have said that has caused offense or disagreement.

Although I said earlier that I thought negative comments should not be anonymous, I have re-thought this. GMG is right, few would leave negatives if they had to put their name to it, plus the Ebay feedback experience shows that negatives only produce retaliation. No negatives, as GMG said, would make the system an ego stroking system.

I have some sympathy with Seanny i.e. does the rep system add anything to this great site? Does it make any of us better nail techs?

Angie I think you may have misunderstood what Seanny was saying about GMG not participating tonight.

I've changed my mind and voted to bring it back. I'd prefer it if we could see who had given us rep points and why.

Sorry, I don't see the benefit of them anymore when the board is filled with post after post about them - they have become way more important to people than the business of nails now - other forums seem to get on perfectly fine without them and maybe without these as a distraction to everything else, everyone can get back to enjoying the site.

I've rather enjoyed them yes - but I'm over them now and I believe we can survive the need to have our ego's stroked by little green blobs against our name - I've got through a whole day already without the need for medication or flashing blue lights and men in white suits...we can survive.....

OKAY, Let's sing it.....

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
But I grew Strong
and I learned how to get along......

Okay, so maybe I do still need the men in white suits...but you get my drift - we can get on without black, red, green or blue blobs surely?!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back