Reputation Poll - gotta be done...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reputation...

• I'm a wussy and hate any kind of confrontation...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not bothered either way, but I am sick of seeing all the posts pop up about someone receiving a neg rep. Despite everyone who wants it back saying they'll never moan again, I don't believe it. Plus, what happens when all the new members join and suddenly get a neg rep and start to post asking why?

IMHO, if they were brought back it would need to be in a different format to how it used to be, either:

Don't let them be left anonymously, this will stop some inappropriate use;

Just let good rep points be left and leave people to send PM's if they disagree with another person, that way it's not anonymous and there's more room to explain why you disagree.

INSIST that nobody posts again whining that they received a bad rep for no good reason, you're using up valuable bandwidth!!!

Jackie :)

Hollyballoo said:
Sorry, I don't see the benefit of them anymore when the board is filled with post after post about them - they have become way more important to people than the business of nails now - other forums seem to get on perfectly fine without them and maybe without these as a distraction to everything else, everyone can get back to enjoying the site.

I've rather enjoyed them yes - but I'm over them now and I believe we can survive the need to have our ego's stroked by little green blobs against our name - I've got through a whole day already without the need for medication or flashing blue lights and men in white suits...we can survive.....

OKAY, Let's sing it.....

First I was afraid
I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinking how you did me wrong
But I grew Strong
and I learned how to get along......

Okay, so maybe I do still need the men in white suits...but you get my drift - we can get on without black, red, green or blue blobs surely?!!!!

I totally agree with the above. I don't find the rep points offensive at all but when it becomes an issue instead of discussing nails, it does get to you a bit. In general it doesn't bother me either way.

I have also been given a neg rep point for an absolutely stupid thing about an experience of mine, did I post anything??? NO! And as far as I was concerened this person couldn't have known yet still gave an opinion. I didn't loose sleep over it.

I can understand why some people want to know why they offend others but does it really make that much of a difference, its not a popularity contest.

Sorry if this offends some people, but speaking from the heart here peeps.

I vote yes.

I voted to bring it back...and darn it I'll say it again...One day I was looking forward to another little green box :sad: :cry: I guess it's the child inside of me that likes to hear "Good job, here's a cookie." Really, I think it is a way to agree or disagree with one's comments, not with the individual as a person...and if someone does use it as a vendetta against people they're sick and probably don't need to be on the site anyway. Everybody is entitled to an opinion, that's what free speech is all about, but it works both ways you have the freedom of speech to exprees an opinion and I have the freedom of speech to express my disagreement to your opinion, without fear of retaliation, retribution or any childish thing like that...If you can't stand the heat PLEASE for God's sake get out the kitchen!! I do however think if you got the balls enough to leave a negative rep for someone you should also have the balls enough to leave constructive critisism as well as your name. And if you leave a positive leave your name so we can thank you.

Enough feathers have been ruffled over this subject so if GMG does decide to bring it back no one should be saying a word about a neg rep...and for the newbies, post a sticky that will let everyone know bitching about reps will no longer be tolerated...don't know if that would work but hey it's just my opinion...

Hiya

I have voted 'keep it binned'

I have given one bad rep point and that was to Debster as she was getting a little too personal on this site and this is not what this site is about!!!! I would have given one to NAG but i didnt know they existed then LOL.

I personaly have never received one an i prob wouldnt care if i did, if however it was in a constructive way and that geeks leave their name!

For example saying that you prefer a blue ball point pen as apposed to a black one and then getting a bad rep saying "your talkin outta your ar**, you dont know what your on about" (i have exxaggerated a little lol) but you get my point!!!!

Some people dont use the system properly and then all hell breaks loose, yeah ik like a bit of banter but for gods sake its a nail site not a childrens playground. You should be able to answer people posts honestly and constructivly and not get shouted at!!!!!!! but sometimes this dont happen!!!!

If the system was used correctly (i know sam you have said that hardly any bad reps have been given, but we know people just give them to wind people up!) The rep system would be a good idea!!! it is a good way to say for exam ple "hey herman, what you said about dentures were really informative , blah blah from Lily)

So i am rambling again lol......................as i have said i have voted bin em, but i dont care as long as used correctly!!!!!!!!!! and you should have to leave your name and be prepared, if your willing to dish em, then you should be able to take em!!!!!!!!!
These are my honest opinions!!!!!

Amanda

Having read everything so far I am now swayed back to thinking to keep it banned. I gave out 2 neg reps anonmously quite soon after joining the board, until I received one myself. I didn't like not having the right to reply and so now I only give out positive ones and pm someone if I have a real problem as you can say far more in a pm than a few words in a neg rep.

But like Ms Matrix says it's nice to be rewarded with a cookie when you do get it right and have a little gold star for the time you have taken in your response.

However I think people will always have a moanfest about the system so unless the neg rep bit can go then I have changed my mind and would like it to remain off the board for good.

Then you guys can disable it.

Enough about this subject - I am fed up with discussing it. The majority want it (personally I want it) and so its back.

The whole point of the system is to be able to agree with peoples posts without the pointless "Heck ya" or "I agree" or "superb!" post being made. WTF is the point to those posts? How many sites do I go to where people are using the forums as chat systems? It does occur here, but nearly as much.
The system is also designed to give an avenue to where you can actually DISAGREE WITHOUT STARTING A FLAME WAR!

Think about it.

Can people abuse the system? There have been about a total of 15 negative points that have been dished out since the inception of them. What happened? Those trolls generally got banned or had serious negative rep points dished out to them (you know who you are ;) ). I monitor the system so I know.

Any threads regarding negative rep points will be deleted and the participants will be rewarded with more bad reputation points for not reading the rules (am posting the rep guidelines there today).

No more about this crap - we all have more important things to deal with then ego bruising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back