Room Design Ideas - Help Please!!! x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Hi, I am setting my dining room up as a tanning room (with a sofa bed to double as occasional spare room).

I am looking for ideas as to how to set it up.

I was thinking of having the sofa bed at one end with a table with mags etc. Then at the other end having the tent.

The dilema is, I encourage people to bring a friend which gets them a discount. But I don't really want strangers in my house where I can't see them. So I was thinking I could have them in the room at the same time and set up a privacy screen for the client to get changed behind and slip into the tent unseen and then I could spray them with their friends in the room.

Do you think clients would like this idea? Only issue I could see would be if they had anything on the consultation form that they wouldn't want friends to know (e.g. pregnant), it would be hard to talk in private. Although I could speak to them without saying what it was iykwim e.g. just explaining it in broad terms without mentioning too many details.

What do you all think?
And any design tips would be most welcome?

Thank you :hug:
xxx

Hi Jennifer,

Your website looks really good. Well done.

I think you've got the right idea with setting up your room at home. I have a home based salon which is in my dining room. It's only my tanning clients who ever come in two's and I just explain to them before they come that they have to sit in the room together. Some are a little shy and turn their backs whilst the other is being tanned, but then others don't bother one jot.

Good luck with it.

:lol:

Hi Jennifer,

Your website looks really good. Well done.

I think you've got the right idea with setting up your room at home. I have a home based salon which is in my dining room. It's only my tanning clients who ever come in two's and I just explain to them before they come that they have to sit in the room together. Some are a little shy and turn their backs whilst the other is being tanned, but then others don't bother one jot.

Good luck with it.

:lol:

I am still only tanning those that I know (or through friends) so have no problem with them sitting in my living room lol, but planning to start advertising in time for xmas party season so really need to get my finger out as don't really want to leave complete strangers.
Good to know that most people are happy to sit in the room together. I have 2 groups of 3 coming tomorrow so going to question them and see what they think.

xx

Yes, I don't really think you want people being left in your living room. Some are really good and stay put but others you can't be so sure of. Best to keep them in your room or even I've had others who waited in the car outside, as they didn't want to come in together :rolleyes:

Just see how it goes and take it from there. Nothing else for it.

I've recently purchased some loyalty cards for the spray tanning, 7th tan is free. So I give these out now to my clients and when they bring it back I just sign it for them and take a note on their client card.

Good luck and I hope you do really well with your business.

Yes, I don't really think you want people being left in your living room. Some are really good and stay put but others you can't be so sure of. Best to keep them in your room or even I've had others who waited in the car outside, as they didn't want to come in together :rolleyes:

Just see how it goes and take it from there. Nothing else for it.

I've recently purchased some loyalty cards for the spray tanning, 7th tan is free. So I give these out now to my clients and when they bring it back I just sign it for them and take a note on their client card.

Good luck and I hope you do really well with your business.

Thank you, planning to introduce loyalty cards as well at some point. Doing refer a friend at the moment which is going down well :)

Privacy screen sounds great hun, I would also make sure that your clients should disclose any private matters/details on their consultation form, this way you will know of any issues etc and you wouldnt have to speak aloud about it.. when they hand it back to you, I wouldnt want clients sniffing through my house lol or perhaps maybe you can offer a telephone consultation with each client before their appointment and have their cards ready to be signed on their arrival.

hth
Sue x

Privacy screen sounds great hun, I would also make sure that your clients should disclose any private matters/details on their consultation form, this way you will know of any issues etc and you wouldnt have to speak aloud about it.. when they hand it back to you, I wouldnt want clients sniffing through my house lol or perhaps maybe you can offer a telephone consultation with each client before their appointment and have their cards ready to be signed on their arrival.

hth
Sue x

Thanks Sue, I do use consultation forms it would be more if something had to be discussed as a result of them filling them out. A telephone consultation could be possible though, but it is usually just 1 person who organises the groups lol. I could get them to fill out forms when doing patch testing, but not everyone wants a patch test, and I only do them for the first appointment.
:hug: xx

Latest posts

Back