Room to rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melanie89

Reaction score
okay so i went and viewed an office space today, its in like a block off offices on the ground floor, the room is a perfect size and it has things in it tables etc but they will all be gone if i choose to go for it. The lady said to look at it as a blank canvass and I can basically do what I like to the room, The rent is 162 per month and rates are 153.50 per month which I consider to be a good price, do you? I just wanted your thoughts and how you would feel going into an office type place for nails and tanning, obviously its very private and i would get a screen up for the tanning section.. theres alot of women in the building and across the road is a golf course that has a lot of ladies day which would be quite good advertising.
However there is a nail bar in the area which is tiny, and i went in just for a nosie and asked for a price list and the lady had no customers in was just sitting using her phone, but outside it said the shop was actually for sale so i take it her business hasnt taken off should i take this as a warning? any comments would be appreaciated! xx

is the office space near your town centre? its good to get passing trade, ie shoppers walking by, not sure that office workers would get you enough business and they would prob want apointments in their lunch break or after work so you would maybe have very quiet mornings and afternoons but they would be fighting for lunchtimes, just a thought,

sam x

okay so i went and viewed an office space today, its in like a block off offices on the ground floor, the room is a perfect size and it has things in it tables etc but they will all be gone if i choose to go for it. The lady said to look at it as a blank canvass and I can basically do what I like to the room, The rent is 162 per month and rates are 153.50 per month which I consider to be a good price, do you? I just wanted your thoughts and how you would feel going into an office type place for nails and tanning, obviously its very private and i would get a screen up for the tanning section.. theres alot of women in the building and across the road is a golf course that has a lot of ladies day which would be quite good advertising.
However there is a nail bar in the area which is tiny, and i went in just for a nosie and asked for a price list and the lady had no customers in was just sitting using her phone, but outside it said the shop was actually for sale so i take it her business hasnt taken off should i take this as a warning? any comments would be appreaciated! xx

You can use this as an advantage and advertise it as a private beauty salon, by appointment only etc. Theres a girl in didsbuty who has an apartment just kitted up in a block of apartments as a spa. No one knows it is there (they do now oops!). She does not advertise it in the papers or leaflet drop etc. What she did instead was target high end clientele who wanted a private retreat that no one knew what they doing or going for. She makes a small fortune by the looks of things!

Theres another salon similar to this in london (perhaps many many more) and they do a roaring trade by making themselves exclusive/members only.

You do not alienate clients as they are so desperate to come to this 'secret retreat' they pay membership fees per month and over the odds prices for treatments. Always fancied having a bash myself, but may wait until the recessions over before I buy a property.

Kate

Latest posts

Back