Rose gold toner help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes please!!! I do want to colour my own hair rose gold and don't want it to come out too dark or orange or straight red! So tricky! Looking forward to seeing what you find! Are you doing this on yourself or a client? And are you tinting root it just toning all over? Xx
On myself hun. I've got a previous balayage so using an ash level 7 on the roots I'm not brave enough to go straight from the root yet lol need to keep a little bit of norm! you're colour is beautiful BTW love it!!! X

On myself hun. I've got a previous balayage so using an ash level 7 on the roots I'm not brave enough to go straight from the root yet lol need to keep a little bit of norm! you're colour is beautiful BTW love it!!! X
Thankyou!! I loved it! At the min I am a rubbish blonde highlighted 6/7 I hate it and want to get back to this again or a toned down version. I am
Thinking of tinting root with illumina 9/43 and 10/05 with 40 vol, dragging it through for last ten so I keep light on mid and ends the use the 'rose gold mix' on top to tone if I need to. Do you think this would be a good mix? I too don't want to be crazy glowing at the root these days but would hate to be darker than an 8!

I want to be more this at the root and stretch it to the pale rose gold blonde

image.jpeg

Oh my gosh that colour you did with the direct dyes is beautiful!

So went to the wholesalers and bought igora royal in peach and igora pearlescence p9.5-89.
Did some tester pieces. The peach just came out orange and the pink was more mauve than pink. So I mixed 15g of the pink with 5g of the orange to use as my pink undertones which I did weaved in foils scattered about. And I mixed both colours half and half to make a more goldie colour pink. Put in on dry hair for 30 minutes and below is the outcome. Not the best pic as it's under artificial light but I'm pleased with the colour as it's exactly what I had in mind. I also washed the test pieces with fairy liquid (just coz it was to hand) and they only faded very slightly if at all so I'm hoping this will stay in a bit longer

This was my inspiration pic
68c12a524e00259d30bc738d351daa6e.jpg

AMAZING!!!! Did you find the mids and ends of the foils took well and did you put the colour from root to tip for the whole 30 mins? I am going to buy these colours today! I don't know ignorant colours but this is just exactly what I have in my head too!!

Omg this is PERFECT!!!! What strength peroxide did you use and what natural base are you?? Xc
I used 6% probably only needed 3 but I wanted to make sure it went in. My mid lengths and ends were already bleached to within an in of their life almost white but still some warm bits which was fine with adding this colour. Also because it's permanent it can lift from a Base level 6 obviously not as light but apparently still works x

AMAZING!!!! Did you find the mids and ends of the foils took well and did you put the colour from root to tip for the whole 30 mins? I am going to buy these colours today! I don't know ignorant colours but this is just exactly what I have in my head too!!
Took well all over but I wasn't fussed if the ends looked a bit washed out as that's kind of the look anyway. Just be careful with the colours as they come out very purple pink and very orange obviously the ratio I mixed them worked for my hair and I was a bleached level 10 with white and warmer bits x

I used 6% probably only needed 3 but I wanted to make sure it went in. My mid lengths and ends were already bleached to within an in of their life almost white but still some warm bits which was fine with adding this colour. Also because it's permanent it can lift from a Base level 6 obviously not as light but apparently still works x
Just read this thanks so much Donna!

That looks lovely :) I'm going to go to the wholesalers today and have a look around!

Hi there, I have a client in a couple of weeks who would like a rose gold colour! I have no idea where to start as I've never done it before. She's a level 8 so I'm gonna do a full head of highlights and tone. I use L'oreal dialight usually. Thank you! I've attached pictures of what she sees as rose gold! Alternatively I was thinking of using a mixture of direct dyes. Maybe pink, orange and a hint of violet?

Rose gold is very easy to make!
Take 2 parts gold toner and one part magenta (semi permenant) and mix it with zero lift developer according to your manufacturers desired developer to toner ratio!

Hi there, I have a client in a couple of weeks who would like a rose gold colour! I have no idea where to start as I've never done it before. She's a level 8 so I'm gonna do a full head of highlights and tone. I use L'oreal dialight usually. Thank you! I've attached pictures of what she sees as rose gold! Alternatively I was thinking of using a mixture of direct dyes. Maybe pink, orange and a hint of violet?
I actually did a similar colour on a client yesterday, and when she suggested it I had a mini meltdown, because I couldn't formulate anything similar from wella (that I was confident that it would work) so I actually uses 15 grams of osmo colour psycho orange and 10grams of osmo colour psycho wild fuschia+10grams olaplex no2 (to dilute slightly) hope this helps.
P.S. It was a beautiful colour, but it go over a faded out 8/34 base

Latest posts

Back