Rude client says she won't pay for facial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect my clients to treat me as I treat them. With manners and respect.

I absolutely would not treat this client. You are never going to feel comfortable with her either now, or in the future.

I would simply tell her that she doesn't seem to be confident in your treatments, and she would be better going elsewhere. That's it. Keep it simple but polite.

I promise you will feel so much better once you've done this.

Let us know what happens.

you have the right to refuse any service for any reason. and this is a great reason to refuse service. imagine having to dread servicing her every time she makes an appt. and she will make another appointment once she sees she can punk you...don't get punked! dump!!!

I had an issue recently with a client for nails not being happy and threatening to take further action, when I contacted the legal advice service with my insurerers I was told under the sale of goods act if I'm told a service is not up to scratch I either have to put it right or refund the money! If I didn't she could take me to small claims so I refunded as I didn't want the stress. My point is clients are getting wise to this and it's not fair to us. I would make a record of what was said and who witnessed it the conversation and then phone her and cancel the booking or calmly explain to her when she comes in that due to her awkward behaviour you require payment up front or the treatment won't go ahead. Make sure you have someone else around in case she shouts racism again. Hope all goes well xx

Did she turn up hun? Did she pay? X

i know i can't wait to see the result of this one

I had an issue recently with a client for nails not being happy and threatening to take further action, when I contacted the legal advice service with my insurerers I was told under the sale of goods act if I'm told a service is not up to scratch I either have to put it right or refund the money! If I didn't she could take me to small claims so I refunded as I didn't want the stress. My point is clients are getting wise to this and it's not fair to us. I would make a record of what was said and who witnessed it the conversation and then phone her and cancel the booking or calmly explain to her when she comes in that due to her awkward behaviour you require payment up front or the treatment won't go ahead. Make sure you have someone else around in case she shouts racism again. Hope all goes well xx

Yes if a service or product is not up to scratch then the consumer has rights - of course they do! BUT likewise they will have to prove the treatment etc was not up to scratch. If someone simply "didn't like" a facial - that would not be sufficient. Having a serious graze from waxing on the other hand can clearly be documented and "blame" assigned... ie was the right questions asked before the treatment - did the client disclose any problems like diabetes or medication etc...

If with nails they pinged off the next day I would say it's a fair chance that there was a problem with the application (although I appreciate on some people this just happens!) so I don't think we should all be scared into paying clients back money just based on that :)

if this woman is a serial non payer she may be going around salons in the area getting what she can for free until someone puts their foot down.

I've had this before with a customer who would not pay so I called the police. they explained that it's not really a police matter. apparently it depends on how the customer words it. she can say she is not refusing to pay completely and that she will pay eventually and then the police can't get involved. I

my experience was that the customer said she will pay another day as I suspect she knew the police had to trust her word.

I visited her home several times and in the end she called on with the payment and since then I refused her custom.

I'd save yourself the bother if all this stress and refuse to serve her. just call to cancel her appointment.

this was my own business to it was easy for me to make this decision however if you work for an employer it ultimately is her decision. but that's my experience I don't think customers like that are good for business x hth

Omg how can people be like that ;(

I am struggling to understand why you would continue with this appointment at all.

Take control of your business, call her today and advise her that you set the rules for payment in your salon and you no longer feel comfortable keeping her as a client.

Find the name and number of another salon and provide her with this as your parting shot ... you may not wish to do this but I would not be able to resist lol.

Good luck.[/QUOTE

Absolutely right, don't waste time even thinking about her. I had a client only last week who told me she was very fussy about beauty therapists and I had better be right. I just told her I am very fussy about my clients and that were definately not right for each other. Only worry about people worth worrying about and hope all ok x

I am struggling to understand why you would continue with this appointment at all.

Take control of your business, call her today and advise her that you set the rules for payment in your salon and you no longer feel comfortable keeping her as a client.

Find the name and number of another salon and provide her with this as your parting shot ... you may not wish to do this but I would not be able to resist lol.

Good luck.[/QUOTE

Absolutely right, don't waste time even thinking about her. I had a client only last week who told me she was very fussy about beauty therapists and I had better be right. I just told her I am very fussy about my clients and that were definately not right for each other. Only worry about people worth worrying about and hope all ok x

Love it lol xx

Just because she's a repeat client, doesn't make her a valued client. You don't want clients that aren't valued because the relationship is not reciprocal...they don't value YOU.

Kick her to the curb.

Oh my god, my eyeballs nearly pooped out of my head when i read this.

Hope she didn't get her facial today!

Oh my god, my eyeballs nearly pooped out of my head when i read this.

Hope she didn't get her facial today!

I'm sorry, but this did make me giggle. You made my day!

So I'm gonna by a sandwich,eat it before I buy it,if I don't like it,then I'm not paying!!

Pfffftt....do people not realise this is a business? We don't do it for the hell of it...

Hope you got on okay hun x

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

Hi all thanks for all the advice.....
None of which was needed today, as she didnt show up!
But all of it was useful and is all being stored up, should I ever need it again.
Tried to call her but no answer and have had no telephone call or excuses.
So she is now officially on my "Sacked list".
She will be told politely she is not welcome should she ever call or turn up again.
Thanks again. :D :D :D

Phew for once bet you was glad of a no show!

Hi all thanks for all the advice.....
None of which was needed today, as she didnt show up!
But all of it was useful and is all being stored up, should I ever need it again.
Tried to call her but no answer and have had no telephone call or excuses.
So she is now officially on my "Sacked list".
She will be told politely she is not welcome should she ever call or turn up again.
Thanks again. :D :D :D

Great result and great excuse to 'sack her'! :) x

Yep I sure was indeed, if not a little annoyed at this woman for stressing me out and Wasting my precious time!
Cest la vie.
What doesnt kill us makes us stronger! :hug: Oh and wiser.

If she does call again just remind her that the full cost of her treatment that was booked is still due before you will book her back in and due to a no-show you will also require payment upfront for any other bookings LOL ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back