Salon computer systems??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to know if any of you use and can recommend a good salon computer system. I am a mobile technician, but am really busy and my diary just doesn't seem to fit in all the details. I also wanted to have the ability to send reminder texts automatically and control my sales etc on the system.

Now I know they don't come cheap, but I have been quoted crazy prices, which are completely out of my budget, one company was £1000 :irked:, now I'm sure I can get a system that doesn't cost that much right? or am I being naieve???

Google computer salon software. It will bring up a bunch. Also Salon Iris is highly recommended. Do a search on the forums here. Plenty have asked this question before and you could PM them and see how the systems are working for them. :)

"We recently purchased Salon Iris and are very unhappy with it. Too many bugs in the programing. It crashes all the time, its awful." ... that message is from an account in Columbus, Ohio, USA

I put this response in because I saw the Salon Iris post and I thought I should share some of the feedback I've heard. I work for PrimeServ.com (Welcome to PrimeServ®) and we develop websites, many of them for salons and spas, so in working with clients I hear quite a bit about their previous software systems.

I'd like to first say that I am partially biased, PrimeServ is a subsidiary of Verasoft (Verasoft Worldwide), and Verasoft makes KORVUE (KORVUE® :: Intelligent Software), which is the most powerful salon software and spa software in the world. It has won technology-of-the-year for the last 4 years.

However, you should know that I am no means an expert in KORVUE, I just hear a lot about it because we are constantly creating websites that interact with it and the KORVUE XL online booking system. Since PrimeServ is related to Verasoft, a lot of the clients come to us for their sites after they get KORVUE.

I think if anyone is interested in software for their salon or spa, they should take a look at KORVUE. From what I know about it, it is extremely impressive. I even heard that the pricing is based on the size of your business, so that small companies can pay like $500, instead of the $10,000 price of the professional version.

I hope that information helps. While my KORVUE knowledge is limited, if anyone has any questions about website technologies I would be more than happy to help out.

-JLM

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to know if any of you use and can recommend a good salon computer system. I am a mobile technician, but am really busy and my diary just doesn't seem to fit in all the details. I also wanted to have the ability to send reminder texts automatically and control my sales etc on the system.

Now I know they don't come cheap, but I have been quoted crazy prices, which are completely out of my budget, one company was £1000 :irked:, now I'm sure I can get a system that doesn't cost that much right? or am I being naieve???

Hi Becky,
Try looking at igotstyle from Style Salon Solutions, the software is really good and they do a single user one, at a good price. You can check them out at Style salon solutions
Hope it's some use:idea:

You would think someone out there would run you a copy off. let me know if they do a I will buy a copy off you too lol

The Husband

Hi Becky
I have just contacted DWB Solutions (after see notice on another thread) and they are great. I had an on line demonstration with me talking to them at the same time, so I was able to ask questions. They have given me a lot of time helping me set up the system the way I wanted it. The other thing I liked about them is that they are in this country down in Devon. I would recommend that you give them a try. The website is dwbsolutions.com

Hi everyone,

Hi Becky I used to be mobile now I have a salon and have always used a computer system.Just like cars you get what you pay for for example a mercedes SLK and a fiat panda are both cars right ? but they are both radicaly different in performance and ease of use the same as salon software. For that reason I use i-salon its the easiest system to use and it does what it says it will i.e grow my business you may want to contact them I hear they are bring out a budget version for your type of business good luck ! :lol:

we used to use a system called premier spa where i used to work and that was really good. simple to use but looked good, stored loads of client details and also could txt clients reminders of their next appointment the day before. always worked well for us although not sure how much it was sorry x

I have used premier spa, very good software. You can do all sorts of management reports, accounting, client history, client spending patterns, mail outs. There is an an add-on tool to send reminders via SMS to client's mobile phone. I don't know how much the software costs.

Not sure if the cost of this will be feasible as you are a mobile therapist.

However if you have intentions of expanding and can pay for the cost now then you would have your database system in place for growth.

Most software vendors should be able to give you a trial software to use for a month.

Does anyone know a softward solution that will plug into your website?

We've just gone with Salon Genius, its a lot of money but we're going to pay weekly on a Rental type basis, once the 3 years are up the system is ours too but you can pay monthly for updates etc.
You get free updates over the 3 years for software and all the support you need so fingers crossed its going to go smoothly.
We're at a stage where paper appointments and record cards etc etc are just taking up so much time/space that we cant grow the business! As in cant market properly, keep an eye on our regulars so we keep them feeling valued, can't target specific people etc and this system is going to allow us to to this at the click of a button. Its also going to keep track of which staff members are doing wat and keep an eye on the their productivity so we are pretty positive that its going to be worth the money! We only have to make an extra £50 a week to cover the cost of it, so if we can make an extra say £200 a week BONUS! :D
They havent installed it yet but Im pretty sure its all going to be OK.

Also, they do online bookings etc but atm its quite expensive but they can email the salon and text the salon for free/cheap.

Does anyone know a softward solution that will plug into your website?

I will be designing one in due course and it will certainly not be stupidly expensive.

I will be designing one in due course and it will certainly not be stupidly expensive.

Don't suppose it would also be able to do basic book keeping too would it?:)
You could end up with a lot of orders you know!!

Don't suppose it would also be able to do basic book keeping too would it?:)
You could end up with a lot of orders you know!!

Well it will do whatever I want it to - and whatever customers request it to (within reason)... I've been beta testing some ideas on my Salon Guinea Pig - Find people for practising treatments, training courses, competitions, etc. site (like testing to see if the code will "scale" OK for multiple users etc).

The only real limitation is time - as I'm doing full time consultancy work in the daytime, I'm limited by how much time I have to do geeky stuff in the evening - especially since I also need to keep Sonia happy and everything else too lol...

All I know so far is that the system I design will be Java based, and will most likely use an XML database for backend storage.

However I will need to register under the data protection act before I'm able to store the sort of personal information (addresses, phone numbers, client histories etc) that a salon management system would require...

If anyone uses those systems posted above then they are seriously out of their mind and must have money to burn. We use this: Easy-Salon Software an affordable salon management software solution. And I have to say its brilliant for the money it cost, seriously if you shop around you do not need to spend the ridculous amounts already quoted.

I used solar track and its more for sunbed based salons than beauty salons. It cost me over £3000 with equipment.

I found a brilliant system that I also sell for only £140. It does nearly everything all the other software packages do but for a tenth of the price. Its simple to use and great for small salon owners and mobile therapists who want to move with the times.

kate

I used solar track and its more for sunbed based salons than beauty salons. It cost me over £3000 with equipment.

kate

£3000?? Sorry but that is just ridiculous, what did it do look after your clients while you put your feet up for the day? At that price thats what I would expect, just another example how people totally go berserk when setting up Business or even adding to an already established Business.

I have recommended them in the past but as I have found this new thread, thought I would mention again, the software we use is Platinum. Its brill, does all you would ever need, has free support and is really good valus for money. Can be leased for 1.40 a day or purchased outright for 699, although i do know the guys there are very flexible with payment options and will let you spread the cost if necessary, without charging you any extra.

It is really easy to use, does all stock retail, retail sales, sms text reminders, emessaging for marketing etc.management reporting. We have it linked with Microsoft Accounting and so our whole business needs are catered for. You can contact them on 0845 680 0019 www.salonsoftwaresystem.com

I have recommended them in the past but as I have found this new thread, thought I would mention again, the software we use is Platinum. Its brill, does all you would ever need, has free support and is really good valus for money. Can be leased for 1.40 a day or purchased outright for 699, although i do know the guys there are very flexible with payment options and will let you spread the cost if necessary, without charging you any extra.

It is really easy to use, does all stock retail, retail sales, sms text reminders, emessaging for marketing etc.management reporting. We have it linked with Microsoft Accounting and so our whole business needs are catered for. You can contact them on 0845 680 0019 www.salonsoftwaresystem.com

Used it on a trial once and tbh Its not much different to the KaterNico one, very similiar infact. For £699 though they are having a laugh, why on earth would anyone pay that? Its beyond stupidity!

Latest posts

Back