Salon facilities

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaia

Reaction score
hi, have just registered so this is my 1st discussion. bit of background 1st - i opened up my own holistic therapy salon 6 months ago, after training and working in the industry for several years previous. i am lucky enough to own the premises which i live above, so have not got the extra costs of rent to worry about. my problem is that i have no toilet/sink facilities on the business premises at present. we did a lot of constructional work on the salon allowing me to have a spacious massage room, and a spare room was made to rent to a self employed beauty therapist. my plan was of course to build up some money then get a toilet and sink fitted off my therapy room, which would be an extension into my back yard, and to put a mini sink in the beauty room. in the meantime as its very quiet being a new business, we ask clients to ensure they go to the toilet before their appointment. there is access to my flat tiolet upstairs for all staff, and clients if an emergency. there is access to my kitchen too for water etc. the problem is health+safety officers will soon be sent out to assess the salon but the work on the toilet has been delayed as there are unforseen problems with the layout of the pipes etc, which means theres a possibility the tiolet cannot be built at all. i dont think the access to my flat toilet is acceptable long term.any alternative ideas from anyone :idea:would be much appriciated, as i have worked damn hard with my business and am not prepared to get closed down because of this. Thanks Gaia.

A chemical toilet in your back yard maybe ?
the building contractors should be able to make suitable suggestions really for an alternative :hug:

thanks hun, will defo look into that. even if it does mean emptying it out myself!:eek:x

hi gaia, if there are no drains near where you want the toilet to go, there is a posibillity you could put a saniflo unit at the back of your toilet, which kind of acts as like a shredder / pump, the unit size depends on how far you want the toilet from the drain.
If you pm me i can send you details of a plumber who can give you an idea of what your looking at.

thanks for your reply its much appriciated. iv had someone in to look at drains yesterday and thankfully a normal toilet and sink are possible afterall so i can now sigh with relief!:)x

Latest posts

Back