Sculpting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layla90

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just looking for some constructive criticism really I've been doing acrylics since late last year so still new at it and found some forms that were in the kit I was given so thought I would try it out l, they were the horseshoe shaped ones which I haven't seen before, what are your opinions on my first sculpt and is it worth me getting some better forms to try?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461930188.586197.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461930199.283125.jpg

Can you take some better photos in focus, it's hard to judge those. Outline of the side view looks OK, but I can't be sure as I can't focus on them enough

I'm having a hard time trying to focus the camera I will try again x

I think these are the best I'm going to get, any tips on picture taking would be great
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461942523.050093.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461942549.069676.jpg

Last edited:
They're better. The camera was focusing on the Ford symbol in your first two. It's trying to focus on the leather effect on the second ones but they are better. You can alter the focus point of you phone camera by sliding your finger over the screen to where you want it to focus.

Sculpting wise they look good, there's very little length so they're more natural nail overlays, so that perfects your shape anyway as you are working within the frame of the existing nail. Stress point is well placed and free edge straight. Looks like some lifting around the sidewall/cuticle bottom right, I suspect that's insufficient PREP.

Thank you so much [emoji4] yes it was a rush job as wasn't sure how it would go as was just playing about really is there any forms that you would recommend? Would an sculpting course be worth while or will practice be enough? Or do I need to do a course to be able to do the service on a paying customer (after perfecting it) x

Latest posts

Back