Serious Transgender question.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspirations

Divorced Geek
Reaction score
I have had a quiery off a new gender person who is now having a problem growing her nails naturally.

The only problem that I am having is that she has been taking estrogen and claims that it is drying out her hands and nails. Will this affect her enhancements, I have emailed her and recommended SolarOil and SolarButter. Before I apply any enhancements to them, I was just wanting to know if anybody has had a problem with clients taking this.

Isn't estrogen in the contraceptive pill anyway that a lot of women take? Or is it levels here that cause the problem. I don't like hormones, they cause all kinds of problems, don't they?...lol

Just want to double check before we start. I personnally wouldn't have thought it will cause any problems as long as the usual moisturisation is done. Primer will only dry the nails out more won't it? Any help would be appreciated.

Good advice there Caz, exactly what I would suggest too!

The change in hormones shouldn't effect the nails, I would assume it's a similar situation to pregnancy, and loads of Geeks have successfully had extensions during during theirs!

Trin
xx

The dehydration will probably enhance adhesion rather than the reverse as I think you figured out yourself!! :D

If the Client used to be male, and is now taking Oestogen - which is in the contraceptive pill it will affect their body to make their hair and skin softer and more supple, like a womans, to develop more of a curvacious figure (within reason) and so i would imaging it would affect the protein structure and make up of their natural nail plate, to make it similar to a womans to.

hi caz
i've had a couple of clients that have had gender reassignment treatment.
i've never had any problems with adhesion, the only problem sometimes is that the nailbeds can b on the wider side of the spectrum.
one thing i would say is that they will b very appriciative of any help & advice that u can give them.
we all know how much of a difference your nails & hands make.
liza x

liza smith said:
hi caz
i've had a couple of clients that have had gender reassignment treatment.
i've never had any problems with adhesion, the only problem sometimes is that the nailbeds can b on the wider side of the spectrum.
one thing i would say is that they will b very appriciative of any help & advice that u can give them.
we all know how much of a difference your nails & hands make.
liza x
Thank you all for your help, I shall wait and see if she gets back in touch.

I have already had some people who have never swopped gender who have large nail beds anyway. Hopefully, it won't cause any probs. I have even had a few thumb nails that are clubbed; they where a bit of a challenge at first!

I must admit, I was a bit niave when I started nails and thought that everybody whould have easy nails to do...bit of a shock when I found out how different everybodies nail and hand shapes were.....lol

Hi Ya!

I don't think that Oestogen tabs are a problem as this rises when we have babies (i think) and we can still wear extentions.

I have a Gender Reassignment client Sharma who has been a client of mine since December (the best one i have ever had!) and i have had a few reccomendations from her some want extentions and some just want manicures to encourage natural nail growth maybe you could give her a few deluxe manicures before applying extentions? maybe one a week for two weeks than go ahead and apply extentions i haven't had any with dry nail beds just large ones! lol

Maybe it could be something else that is causing the dryness?

I've rambled abit there haven't i! You get the jist tho.

HTH

Thanks Jodie...Don't know if she is coming to me though yet. I think she is doing her research first.

It will be handy to know though in future.

I knew I had spelled Oestrogen wrong!!!...lol

inspirations said:
Thanks Jodie...Don't know if she is coming to me though yet. I think she is doing her research first.

It will be handy to know though in future.

I knew I had spelled Oestrogen wrong!!!...lol

Well she could be coming to me as I have had the same e-mail today.

Trinity nails did aswell!!!! hmmm...bit strange isn't it?

I have pm'd you

lell said:
Well she could be coming to me as I have had the same e-mail today.

AHA - I knew it!!! - something feels not right about this!

I phoned Caz after she posted this thread, as I'd had the same email, and a phone call.

Client told me she was somewhere near Southampton but was prepared to travel, so when I noticed Caz was in Basingstoke I thought it was a bit strange, but Basingstoke is as easy to get to as Brighton from Southampton

Cheshire might a bit of a trek though!!

Curiouser and curiouser!!

Funny - I had the same e-mail from someone who lives in Southampton and is supposedly moving to Coventry in about 6 weeks time.

oohhh!

I get the feeling we're being set up for something - from the little mistakes made in various conversations, I feel it's not necessarily something good!

I'm a bit disappointed actually, I was really looking forward to helping someone in a difficult situation feel better about themselves - nevermind :!:

Trin
xx

Trinity Nails said:
oohhh!

I get the feeling we're being set up for something - from the little mistakes made in various conversations, I feel it's not necessarily something good!

I'm a bit disappointed actually, I was really looking forward to helping someone in a difficult situation feel better about themselves - nevermind :!:

Trin
xx

Ditto Trin

Check your pcs girllies...don't know if its coincidence, but I have had a virus in my pc since receivling that email!!!

Thank go for Norton antivirus and a pc literate hubby!!!

inspirations said:
Check your pcs girllies...don't know if its coincidence, but I have had a virus in my pc since receivling that email!!!

Thank go for Norton antivirus and a pc literate hubby!!!

:mad: That's nasty

No virus here, but I do have McAfee and an IT Engineer husband so I'm lucky!

Trin
xx

It shows as 'setup.exe', so get him to check...my husband is a network engineer aswell!!

Hmmm..... Ive had this e-mail too!! wish I had read this thread before replying to it! Have any of you got an update yet? x

Latest posts

Back