Shaping help.!.!.!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need some advice when shaping the nail please?IE. my nails sometimes look a bit fan/spade shaped, also how do you achieve the perfect round,square,oval shape?

Thanks x :D

Try this tutorial

Perfect Form – It’s All a Matter of Degree.

it tells you all you need to know

Hi Louise

Are you using tips or doing sculpts? if tips them taper the edges in more to remove the fan. Sculpts roll your form more and ensure a nice cylinder shape so you will get a nice c-curve - it helps to pinch the under side tabs up a little more - that is how l do it.

To get the square shape - l hold the file parallel to the free edge (like it is up against a wall)

To get squoval - l do the same as above then slightly move the top of the file towards me just to get the edges.

To do oval / round- l have the file nearly flat under the free edge.

hope this helps

Take care

Getting the right shape is not just about holding your abrasive in a cetrtain way. It is all about angles and working to an invisible centre line.

Here ... read this ... http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=9201

Better yet, get the book with the illlustrations in 'nailcalss' by gigi rouse.

geeg said:

:lol: nicely done! LOL :wink2:

geeg said:

LMAO you'll be on parky before you know it gigi! So whens the release date for this book then??

Very True Gigi, but then again when sculpting you make the shape with the product. I was shown that way with my file, so look forward to your book for better ways!

Nice Pic Gigi.

Take care

Latest posts

Back