Shellac, OPI Gelcolour, Gelish or what?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In case u didn't notice, shellac bottles are only .25 oz. They only look the same size... I only buy the shellac if a specific color is asked for bc I can get twice as much of another brand at the same cost. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Hi I was just wondering what products you use for nail art with the Shellac?

hi hun

confusing isn't it! I would suggest if you can before excel, try each treatment and discover which one you think would be best suited to your business. Alternatively you could wait for excel and have a demo nail of each product. However you would really need to come away and see how they perform first to get a real idea so you would miss out on any show offers this way.

As you have done so far already, research is the key. You will find loads of info on here and I'm sure geeks wouldn't mind you pming them for more advice about certain systems, thats what i did, and had some really interesting and helpful feedback. I was pretty sure i would use shellac, but i looked at all of the systems available before i made my final decision. I considered not only the products performance, but everything that went with it. So i looked at the following:

wearability
longevity
removal
care of natural nails
colour choice and options
what i could do with the products besides the norm ie rockstar, nail art, repair etc
information on the manufacturer/distributor
who and how they sold to techs
product and brand awareness
how well they advertised, marketed etc
training and support
who i could market or advertise this too
cost/profit ie what i could charge for the service, set up costs etc
who in my area was offering what already and what price

. . . And so on.

If you already have a client base, would your chosen system largely be of benefit to them all? Or are you looking to solely attract new clients? Asking your current client base is also a great place to start.

I personally love shellac, and when i compared the above information, it won hands down, but that's for my business. You might have different ideas, wants and needs for your own business.

Good luck hun and sorry if I've just thrown a load more questions at you lol, but explore every avenue as you are doing already, as this really is the best thing to do.

Hth x x x

In case u didn't notice, shellac bottles are only .25 oz. They only look the same size... I only buy the shellac if a specific color is asked for bc I can get twice as much of another brand at the same cost. :)

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Yes, they are tinny- unfortunately. First time yesterday I had a chance to hold a bottle and have a feel of it.

I had my nails Shellacked yesterday and to be honest I don't like the effect... :(

I would submit the picture but I don't want to cause a stir and be accused of judging other nail tech's work.

It didn't fulfil my expectations so I am not sure if the issue is the application- the person who applied it or the product.

If I go into shellac I've already promised myself that I will be either doing it perfectly or not at all :) I will not allow any of my customers feeling like I am feeling today so disappointed a bit.

So far my nails look like something was being splat on them :(

Just wondering does anyone use or have tried IBD's Just Gel? I am trying to decide between that and Gelish. Just Gel is cheaper for the starter kit and I already have the IBD lamp because i use their gel system. You have to do a course before you can buy Shellac don't you? And I couldnt afford to do that on top of buying the products xx

Hi, I too am having problems trying to decide on what to use on a whole new client base as just starting out. However, I am leaning towards Gelish for their fantastic colours and Artistic Colour Gloss. Although I believe these are both made in the same factory prices and colours differ. Still trying to make that final decision though! Good luck :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Thank you so much for that great advice x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back