Shellac pedicure steps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus666

Reaction score
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could please help.

Can you tell me which order you would do a shellac pedi? I hear that if the toenails are wet then the shellac may not adhere to the nail and I wonder the best way to go about it.

Many thanks in advance.

Do your shellac like you would on hands, then soak & do hard skin etc afterwards.

Do your shellac like you would on hands, then soak & do hard skin etc afterwards.
Thanks, it just seems strange after everything you were taught in college to do it back to front lol! I'm sure ill get used to it xxx

Yes, same as for hands really. Extras would be done after applying the Shellac.

I start my shellac pedicures on the couch (as more comfy for my more elderly ladies - less up & down with the legs!) so:
  1. sanitise and remove any old polish / gel polish
  2. cut & file toe nails
  3. apply cuticle away & do cuticle work, cleanse
  4. quick removal of dry skin with a suitable file/micropedi gadget
  5. move client to armchair with LED light placed on the floor on a towel
  6. position toe spacers, scrub fresh nails
  7. base coat + cure
  8. colour coats + cure
  9. top coat + cure, wipe
  10. solar oil & rub in
  11. foot cream & massage in
Generally I don't encourage luxury treatments with the shellac as I find this is a long enough service for the client anyway and it would make it a very expensive pedicure. If I think their feet need a soaking, full hard skin removal, hot oil or paraffin wax then I would book them in for this on a separate appointment and do Vinylux polish to finish.

To be honest unless you want to do glitter or nail art effects, the Vinylux polish lasts just as long as Shellac on the client anyway and they can take it off at home themselves.

Yes, same as for hands really. Extras would be done after applying the Shellac.

I start my shellac pedicures on the couch (as more comfy for my more elderly ladies - less up & down with the legs!) so:
  1. sanitise and remove any old polish / gel polish
  2. cut & file toe nails
  3. apply cuticle away & do cuticle work, cleanse
  4. quick removal of dry skin with a suitable file/micropedi gadget
  5. move client to armchair with LED light placed on the floor on a towel
  6. position toe spacers, scrub fresh nails
  7. base coat + cure
  8. colour coats + cure
  9. top coat + cure, wipe
  10. solar oil & rub in
  11. foot cream & massage in
Generally I don't encourage luxury treatments with the shellac as I find this is a long enough service for the client anyway and it would make it a very expensive pedicure. If I think their feet need a soaking, full hard skin removal, hot oil or paraffin wax then I would book them in for this on a separate appointment and do Vinylux polish to finish.

To be honest unless you want to do glitter or nail art effects, the Vinylux polish lasts just as long as Shellac on the client anyway and they can take it off at home themselves.
Thanks so much for this it really helps. Ok so try to avoid if possible I get that yes it would drag on I'm sure to do the full thing! xx

Latest posts

Back