Shellac won't set with glitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anna.22

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm trying to branch out with nail art and have started using nail glitters with my gel polish however I'm finding that the polish won't set under the uv light where I have applied the glitter and will smudge.
Just wondering have ye any tips?

I use gelish but the steps are the same with glitter...you need to apply your glitter to colour coat after you have cured it, that way the polish doesn't move but the glitter can stick to the tacky layer! Hope this helps xx

Ahh I see so you cure the colour then apply the glitter? I was putting the glitter on top of the colour while still wet as I thought that it wouldn't stick after it cured. Great! I'll try that next time- thanks a mil! :)

That's right you got it! Pop what ever colour you are using on, cure, then pat the glitter on the cured coat until it looks fully covered then you can burnish it in xx

That's right you got it! Pop what ever colour you are using on, cure, then pat the glitter on the cured coat until it looks fully covered then you can burnish it in xx

Probs a silly question, but how do you burnish?
I pat my glitter on and then roll my finger across to smooth it out, but I still find with 2 top coats it is rough?
Thanks!

Probs a silly question, but how do you burnish?
I pat my glitter on and then roll my finger across to smooth it out, but I still find with 2 top coats it is rough?
Thanks!
Apply the glitter and then use a brush to really rub the glitter into the tacky layer, so as you smooth it down and get rid of any rough bits.

You really need fine glitter, not chunky craft glitter.

Great clip Jersey Jock, thanks!

attitude makes an important point. You should use only cosmetics grade glitter that is solvent resistant and for use with uv/led lamp.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back