Shocked at response

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blimey. ..my salon is like the hall of fame. I love certificates. I'm always looking at people's certificates where ever I am. . If I see one I go and look...oppps...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's probably a good thing you didn't have your certificates on the wall. Judging by some responses on here, with your name, you'd have Immigration and the Vice Squad kicking the door in to check your status!!! LOL!

You'll laugh but... a former employer has tried to use my "questionable immigration status" as an excuse for something once. :lol: I questioned why it was questionable considering it costed me thousands of £ and an unnecessary full day spent waiting in queues in Croydon's home office.

Also... The week after that stupid article got printed and spread like wild fire, my friend's shop got raided and all their passports and documents checked. People were too scared to go into the shop afterward. Shame because they are a legitimate business full of people trying to put food on their tables who all just happen to be people of a certain ethnicity.

You'll laugh but... a former employer has tried to use my "questionable immigration status" as an excuse for something once. :lol: I questioned why it was questionable considering it costed me thousands of £ and an unnecessary full day spent waiting in queues in Croydon's home office.

Also... The week after that stupid article got printed and spread like wild fire, my friend's shop got raided and all their passports and documents checked. People were too scared to go into the shop afterward. Shame because they are a legitimate business full of people trying to put food on their tables who all just happen to be people of a certain ethnicity.

Awww that's really bad x

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

:rolleyes: can this thread be closed?

I had a client actually take photos of my certificates so she could show her family she had attended a legitimate place, I laughed it off no offence was meant and non was taken.
I don't put my originals on the walls only photocopies as they fade and can get damaged.

We should start a thread on how can you turn a thread from one topic to the most extreme in 2 pages? And a prize is given Lololol

Please read the link i put on, i think we should all be more vigilant. If we cant go into a salon and ask afew questions and have a look around without someone shouting 'what are you doing' there might be a reason why. These poor girls are brought here thinking they are going to have a careers as nail techs or nannys. In reality they are illegal slaves. Bury your heads in the sand and pretend its not happening if you want but it is happening in most towns and cities. Clients who go to the salons dont know they are funding more illegal practices like drugs and prostitution. If you think a salon needs reporting please report them.

Or they could just be really peed off people judging them all the time stealing their nail art and undercutting their prices because I know I bloody would!! These people are also paying vat, business rates, helping with our economy and setting the standards! Just because they are not white doesn't mean they have a secret dungeon, gun cache or drugs den on the premises! The fact the price list and nail art has been checked out speaks volumes to me,

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe we should all frame copies of our passports and put them on the walls.. would make it easier surely. ...jeeez!

In the town nearby, a nail salon was raided by the immigration police, arrests were made, the salon closed down. The fine was paid and the salon up and running again ONE week later. The property is owned by the council.
Is there any point in reporting salons like this? Besides, I'm too busy running my own business to worry about others. I have gained some of their clients, I know for sure one of them wont ever go back.

Maybe we should all frame copies of our passports and put them on the walls.. would make it easier surely. ...jeeez!

But mine is foreign too.

I would but my passport and Visa photos make me look like a convict and a refugee :lol:

I have all my certificates displayed on my salon walls. If someone came in and was stood staring at them I'd say " Do you like them? I'm very proud of them myself. I've worked hard for those and they've cost me a small fortune.' Hehe:D:D:D:wink2::wink2::D

But mine is foreign too.

That's ok. ..I can change that for you for a price. ..ha ha...

Isn't there a Eurovision song contest thread we can all go and post on, this is getting too much for me, lol!

I have all my certificates displayed on my salon walls. If someone came in and was stood staring at them I'd say " Do you like them? I'm very proud of them myself. I've worked hard for those and they've cost me a small fortune.' Hehe:D:D:D:wink2::wink2::D

Absolutely. ..luckily I don't practice I wouldn't have the time. . Spend most of the day looking at the walls. ..lol.

You laugh but it's true! My passport photo was taken when I was like 50 lbs heavier with very short hair (really early in the morning... I had a friggin cow lick!). And my Visa was taken- again- early in the morning and I hadn't noticed I drew my eyebrows on crooked until the picture was taken. I'm not smiling in either one. If I showed them to America's Most wanted, they'd be convinced I was on the run.

Oh! And it both of them you can tell I have a lazy eye cuz my eye muscles are more relaxed in the morning. hahaha

You laugh but it's true! My passport photo was taken when I was like 50 lbs heavier with very short hair (really early in the morning... I had a friggin cow lick!). And my Visa was taken- again- early in the morning and I hadn't noticed I drew my eyebrows on crooked until the picture was taken. I'm not smiling in either one. If I showed them to America's Most wanted, they'd be convinced I was on the run.

Oh come on now, we need to see the photo of those brows. You can sneak them into the before/after brows thread. I wont tell anyone!

imagine...

brow-kid.jpg

Thanks for giving me nightmares

Latest posts

Back