Should this be allowed?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dianawh

Reaction score
Wonder if you can help.

I have a friend who went to a nail salon 2wks ago and got a full set of acryllics (which may i add she has these all the time). She was told a trainee would be doing her nails which she thought ok - but assumed somebody would be watching over her!!

However, she does have an idea on what they do etc.....after having them for so long - and she felt that the technician wasn't doing it the way she has had it done before (anyway the nice person she is!!! didn't want to cause a fuss and just let her carry on)

After about a week the tip on her little finger ripped right off taking most of the natural nail with it - what was left was pointing up and you can actually see the nail bed!!! (very sore) - she said that the others did not feel right so she cut them down (just leaving the acryllic on)

She came round yesterday and she showed me her nails and the acryllic seemed to have gone yellow!??????? i soaked the acryllic off carefully and used solar oil ect and LOTS of scrubfresh but on one nail it had completely split across the middle and the others didnt look to good either.

She is really upset as she usually has lovely long strong natural nails but as she admits she is to lazy to keep filing etc and loves the tips!!!

I have advised her to keep the nails clean and come back to me in a week for me to look - would you put tips back on her nails or give them a complete break??????

Also surely somebody should have watched this trainee?????? - and no disrespect to anybody but this shop NOBODY spoke english all they did was nod etc...... this cant be right and they are giving us honest hard working people a bad name!!!!!!

Well lets face it................she was asking for trouble. Why did she go there if she has you (a nail tek) as a friend? She must have heard about these salons.

You know the old story Dianawh.................you get what you pay for in life.

Several things spring to mind here...

Sadly as soon as you said the old, they don't speak English, I did think NSS. Whether it is or not, would you want any service completed by someone who couldn't speak your language? The other thing that made me think this was when you said that when the product came off it took the nail plate with it. Plus the fact that it has yellowed so quickly sounds like they are using an inferior product.

If she is a trainee then, under the terms of their insurance (if they have any), then trainees must be supervised when working.

Her nails will need a lot of TLC, continue with the solar oil and a good strengthener designed for damaged nails. If they are as bad as you say then I wouldn't reapply product, let the damage grow out first.

Should this be allowed.....probably not but whats to stop them !!!!!

You would think that being a trainee someone would be watching to make sure she was doing it properly otherwise how is she learning anything....but your friend was told it was a trainee so maybe a little English was spoken....lol i wouldn't want anyone to do anything on me whom i couldn't communicate with....would freak me out.

Possibly it was a nss salon and maybe mma was used....the broken nail is just that... broken...not really the nail techs fault...but if there is damage to the other nails after you have soaked them off it could be due to filing the natural nail...at least you have taken them off for her....i don't see why she cant have your nails put on now....i have done a removal of mma and put my lovely Brisa on in the same night so she should be ok.

HTH xxxx

I had a client come to me with the very same problem.....i soaked the nails off and gave her a manicure and sent her home with solar oil and my new friend - Revivanail Theracreme!!

I would recommend that you try any of the Revivanail products (designer nails brochure) as they're formulated specifically for problem nails and skin - 2 weeks of the Theracreme and Solar Oil every night did the trick for my client and she now has healthier stronger nails and has stayed on of my regular manicure clients

Latest posts

Back