Show you are Confident with Yourself and Your Work ... Some Tricks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this only yesterday - a full paying client came in on Friday. I went in on Saturday and there was a note to say she had booked in at 5pm last night to have 5 nails repaired. I was gutted. One had come off on her kitchen cabinet by accident and she said it hurt like hell, I could see where a big chunk was off the nail and the tip with it.. but on her other hand, three had snapped clean off - just the tips. That was something I'd done wrong, over blending I think.

She was happy when I had finished though and was lovely and chatty and bought some slimming pills and said she'd call in soon. She was pleased with her nails , but I wasn't although I had done my best. I am not confident doing oval nails at all and I don't think I got them consistent.

Another skillbuilding class I think!

just loving this thread.....i am so much better with this sort of thing than i used to be....so it must come with time.

If i get someone who's says a nail has come off....i tend to say..."its annoying isn't it...did it myself only last week on a drawer"....that way they can see that it does and can happen...even to me...and it also opens the gate for them to say what they did theres on.

I have been known to shake my hands at the "it fell off" brigade while saying "look mine ain't falling off"....tut tut i know but she did laugh....and i knew i could get away with it with her.

Fab advise as ever Gigi :hug:

Thanks for this Gigi. Words from the wise yet again!!

Im kellys mirror image, and I too have printed it off for reference tomorrow! thanks gigi

Great advise Geeg thank youa s always for your wise words x

Thankyou for this thread, a great read and some great tips.

Spot on thread Gigi!

Totally agree that having a sense of humour is a great way of communicating with your clients. I myself have a great situation with one of my clients, where I have a couple of little snitchers on my side.........the children!

I'll walk in to the house and before I actually get to see my client the kids fly at me....."Jules, Jules, moms gone an broke two nails this week!!! It's ok because I've told her off!"

"Yeh thanks very much kids!" My client would say and we'd have a little giggle over it.

All my clients know that I am confident with my work, and with the confidence, comes the sense of humour. This way, they not only have total trust in me but also, they actually enjoy my company as well.

I guess somebody has to!!!:lol:

more great advice. thank you geeg, will also print this off, just incase :green:

Thank you for posting this advice its fantastic.

I can't help thinking this could be the start of another amazing nail class book:?:

:eek: What, Gigi's compendium of useful nail advise??

this is exactly what i needed, it shall be printed off and absorbed into my brain so i can deal with situations with out the panic!

Thank you gigixx:hug:

another book!! another book!! another book!!! another book!!! another book!!!
want me to keep going?
another book!!! another book!!!

Lmao Well something like that.
You should change your user title to the nail compendium geek:hug:

And another great thread Geeg. Thanks.
D.xx

Lmao Well something like that.
You should change your user title to the nail compendium geek:hug:

But JUDGE GIGI is so me, don't you think!!!

Fantastic thread thanks Geeg :)

Excellent post Gigi!!

I haven't experienced this yet, but I'm sure going to print it off in case it does happen!

Thanks again!

great advice thank you :hug:

Latest posts

Back