Show you are Confident with Yourself and Your Work ... Some Tricks.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have just read this article, this is invaluable advice. Thanks Geeg.

I have my new reply!!!.... "aww darlin', at least it's just a broken nail, not a broken arm! I can't fix a broken arm but I can do a great repair for you:hug: "

Before I became a nail tech I did have a nail ping off on me. It was when I had tips applied with acrylic instead of adhesive, and it literally just popped off clean and simple the very next day. I know I did nothing to make it happen. The young lady was using a new technique on me and had not mastered it yet. So, I try to remember not to jump to the conclusion that I am a perfect tech either. I know as I grow in this art that I will make mistakes, but I prefer to see them as learning tools. So I do ask for feedback, and I do reward "good" customers with free nail art or other special treats as I am building clientelle. I make sure they realize this is a gift from me "today" so they will not expect it forever for free.

I think the original post is great and I will print it off to refer back to it on those crazy days when everyone seems to be a complaint in waiting... but I really don't think coming across snarky and blaming the client will work for me. I'd rather think we are in this together.... and it's all going to be OK, even if it does mean repairing a few bitten nails or crushed pinkies. In the long run, you retain a client and your pride.

Thank you sweetie, very interesting read x x x x

A good bit of advice I hope the nail techs on here and the beauty therapists will use this valuable advice.

Always believe in yourself too.

thanks gigi!
that is great advice, i feel more confident already by just reading that! xx

brilliant tips/advice, I shall be remembering this for in the future

Oh that was so wonderful. :hug:
That advice felt like a mother's arms wrapping around her upset child,(child being me as I've recently been a bit down on myself, what with my lack of confidence and not believing in myself) but you've kissed and made better.
I'm learning nails and quite new to this site and loving all the wonderful advice given.
Thankyou!

I just finished reading this article and I just have a question: How can you really tell that it's not your fault? Maybe it IS? I believe bad techs exists and I'd go mad if someone was implying that I'd have bitten it off or breaking it in another way. Just from the client's view...

I just finished reading this article and I just have a question: How can you really tell that it's not your fault? Maybe it IS? I believe bad techs exists and I'd go mad if someone was implying that I'd have bitten it off or breaking it in another way. Just from the client's view...
Experience tells you whether you're at fault or not, you learn to notice the 'signs' of a client who's not being totally honest with you!

Sometimes the client doesn't even realise that they're doing something that compromises their enhancements.

I've watched my daughter and my friends (slyly lol) and always find myself telling them a mixture of:
Get your nails out of your mouth!
Stop picking!
Why are your nails in between your teeth?! :smack:

And that's only 3 of the reasons that I can think of off the top of my head.

Like I said, it comes with experience :wink2:

Thanks everyone for you threads and comments I've been doing nails for 2 years now but I do a lot more waxing and massage etc and I'm not that confident in doing nails. A few month ago I done a set of nails for a client and she went on holiday, when she came back she phoned the salon and told me a couple of her nails had fell off in the first few days. I felt really bad and said sorry and told her if she came into the salon I would fix them for her for free. When she came into the salon and I looked at her nails the tips were still there and the rest was gone. I said "oh wot did you catch your nails in for that to have happened" she replied "I didn't catch them they fell off you couldn't have put them on properly" I couldn't believe it. I soaked them off for her for free. I won't make that mistake again.
:lol:

Latest posts

Back