small nail plates and wonky nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sundial

Reaction score
Could any of you help me, I have just done my first set of sculpts since passing the foundation course with great results and tonight the lovely lady that I had, had tiny nail plates and wonky nails, skin dried up and split under two of her nails, not the easiest set to make a comeback on!:| . I tried my best, took about 2 and a half hours to do but managed in the end. Is it me or do you think you can ever make nails like this look 'nice'. She seemed pleased and said would come back for a rebalance etc, and I managed to sell her some solar oil in the hope this would help the dry condition, but I was'nt that happy, just because I wanted tham to look better! Do you think I should practice using the colour blending and would it work with great results on these type of nails? Sorry to ramble on, but any suggestions would be great :hug: :hug: :hug:

You have only just finished your course, so shouldn't expect to do a hard set of nails perfectly first time. I think you should be pleased to have even attempted to do them on someone who had less than perfect nails to begin with.

I would also concentrate on the sculpts before you start to think about colour blending. Get one thing at a time right, before you learn something else new.

Well done you, and remember we are always hard on our own work, but this makes us excellent techs.:biggrin:

talented talons said:
You have only just finished your course, so shouldn't expect to do a hard set of nails perfectly first time. I think you should be pleased to have even attempted to do them on someone who had less than perfect nails to begin with.

I would also concentrate on the sculpts before you start to think about colour blending. Get one thing at a time right, before you learn something else new.

Well done you, and remember we are always hard on our own work, but this makes us excellent techs.:biggrin:
Thanks, I know I probably worry too much but the reason I was asking about colour blending was because I don't think I could have gone any further with the sculpts and to me I knew there were ways to give her a better set, I will probably do some troubleshooting courses and skill building courses next year so that will help, think I will practice flawless pink and white on hubby:) he'll love that!:smack: , thanks again :Love:

izzidoll said:
Hi,

Nice to see you are still a perfectionist Jackie........have a read at this great thread by Sassy Hassy a while back...we all have the same worry as you have posted......http://www.thenailgeek.com/main/17541-can-you-make-silk-purse-out-sows-ear.html?highlight=silk+purse
Wow thank you soooo much , that question from sassy is exactly what I was meaning to say, great replies too, going to do a set tomorrow on lovely long nail plates so hopefully I will get a good boost for my confidence when I've done them, thank's again izzy you always calm me down! Doing loads more training next year though:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back