So upset

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel so stressed now, why would this not offend me as it is on the forum that I started! It may not have been aimed at me but feel there could have been an apology or at least an explanation that this wasn't aimed at me personally!

Feel so stressed now, why would this not offend me as it is on the forum that I started! It may not have been aimed at me but feel there could have been an apology or at least an explanation that this wasn't aimed at me personally!

Honestly do not worry about it!!

We all see things differently, one persons opinion should not make you feel stressed, let it go Hun xx

Have a lovely Christmas honey with your little boy xxxx

I find it odd that people want to make money from this industry, but don't want to put in the hours (no excuses). Everyone has an excuse (check my nails, I know I didn't use the right tip) why post?
Check this tan (sorry, I forgot to turn the gun on) why post?
My nails lift (I forgot primer) why post?
I do think 7am is very early, but when building a business, you do have to be flexible.... to be taken seriously, you really have to allocate hours, most business hours are at least 8 hour shifts (ours are often longer, to take into account the 9-5 ers), we often have to work outside these hours to accommodate the working women who can actually afford out services (unless you want clients that are paid by the government and have difficulty paying for their fags, let alone their nails).
I also have a habit (maybe it's terrible), but if you don't assert yourself and put in the hours, I will consider you a hobby-tech.
Nails are not a convenience (for the tech or the customer), it's a 2 way commitment, they expect you their when it's time for refills (you talked them into the commitment), it's your time to keep up your end of the bargain.

Don't lure them in, if you can't do the backup service (no excuses), as my father once taught me "make an excuse to do something, rather than an excuse to not do it" .... or ...... don't start what you can't finish.

There are lots of techs that would appreciate this customer ... and that's where she will end up, but like I said 7am is a bit harsh, set working hours, but you will have to be flexible to make it in such a competitive market

Starting from the beginning of your post, people post stuff on this site for help, they may be unaware of not using the right tip or primer, you shouldn't judge people for being brave enough to ask for help, even if it is something stupid, to them it isn't.
Not everyone is able to work full time, some have responsibilities with children and others have bills to pay.
You have to take into account not everyone has family to pay for them or look after their children 12 hours of the day, not everyone has husbands/boyfriends who are willing to support them when you are not making money or much of it whilst building your client base. Not everyone wants to go on benefits to support themselves whiles building a client base.
Its tough to build a client base, I have worked for 3 months and only have a few loyal clients, but I also have to pay rent and for food, but with any time I have spare away from my full time job, I will advertise more and contact the regulars. This way I can save money for better products AND am able to support myself.
In my opinion, those who work full time or have busy days with children AND still are able to make appointments for clients work the same as those who somehow miraculously work full time self employed.

The op in the post was just enquiring what other professionals would do to rectify the situation, I don't think she cares what hours others put in and I don't think she cares about spiteful opinions that a few off you have had.
You are all free to leave an opinion, but you should be careful how you word it, take in consideration others feelings before typing something malicious

I think perhaps the time has come to now close this thread.

At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to their own viewpoint and opinion, but in the spirit of Christmas, let's all play nicely, agree to disagree, and move forward please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back