soaking of gel help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandieLouise

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am being put of using gel because it is so hard to get off. I even bought a soaking off container that you put hot water in to heat the acetone, but it wasn't much better. I use star nails gel. I've only being doing them on myself at the moment because I have only just done a 2 day course. It took me 2 and a half hours to get a set off and I still had to pull some of it off, which of course doesn't help your nails.

Is it the gel I'm using, are some easier to get of than others.

Thanks
Mandie

Not all gels are soak off gels, some have to be filed and buffed off. The fact that yours took so long to soak makes it sound like a buff off gel. Did they not advise you of proper removal when you did your training?

Which Gels are the soak off kind?
And where do you get yours from?
Info gratefully received.
Sherry

Who did you do your training with? Your teacher should have advised you on the different types of gel and the removal. Did your trainer use the Star Nails gel?

Hi Everyone

It was star nails gel and I think I remember her saying that acetone should soak it off but not this gel. We were shown how to buff it down for an infill but not to get it off totally.

What's the best gel to use then that can be soaked off?

Thanks
Mandie

Akzéntz has a gel that can be soaked off. It's called Options.
It exists in Clear and Pink.
http://www.akzentz.com/
You can place your order from Canada, UK and US

MandieLouise said:
Hi Everyone

It was star nails gel and I think I remember her saying that acetone should soak it off but not this gel. We were shown how to buff it down for an infill but not to get it off totally.

What's the best gel to use then that can be soaked off?

Thanks
Mandie
Hi Mandie

Superior quality gels are non porous and therefore very hard to soak off..
The best way if you want to remove an entire set is to buff down as thin as you can and then use product remover to soak off the last thin layer.

Latest posts

Back