Solar or Spa manicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm gonna jump on the Creative ship at last!!! Since Nailtiques is now available in Boots I will be discontinuing using this in the next few months (watch out Geekybay Here I come to offload my stuff). So in search of a new manicure line I love the looks of the Creative range (and I hope that this isn't going to appear on QVC so will stay exclusive), but don't know whether to choose the solar manicure or Creative Spa manicure range. I have the budget to get both if you think it warrrants it, as long as they have something different to offer other than smell.

So all comments gratefully received!! Oh and will there be any offers on at Olympia?

Hi

We have both in my salon i feel they both offer totally different things. The solar is lovely as an everyday manicure but the Spa is absolute luxury so i have it at 2 price levels to reflect this, i do find some clients find themselves a little sensitive to the solar manicure as its a salt scrub we also use the solar range for pedis and then the spa pedi range too.
HTH
sorry its a bit quick cooking mothers day dinner for my special mummy

I haven't tried the solar manicure but use the spa manicure and pedicure and it's fantastic and the smells are amazing, I can't resist but to smell everything before I use it. I use the wheeteze mitts and booties with my man/peds and clients love it and comment that in comparison to others it lasts for a couple of weeks.

i use the solar range and love it , i will have to save up to buy the spa kits but would offer them also (i have a thing for nice smells ) :D , hth

Hi
I use both.
The solar Manicure is brilliant for clients who have extremely dry skin but just as good for clients with extensions. I would say that Solar Manicure is my best selling service.

I just love the both of them!

Best wishes

Thank you for you replies so far, can anyone add anymore about the differences and how you would market them to clients?

I would definitely get both...as little angel said earlier, SpaManicure is definately more a kinda luxury, whereas the solar range is great for everyday

Sassy Hassy said:
Thank you for you replies so far, can anyone add anymore about the differences and how you would market them to clients?
I've just done my first ever spa manicure today...
guinea pigged my friend (& business partner) Jo, being qualified in manicure herself she was worried that she would be too critical of the treatment and not view it from a clients point of view...
I'm pleased to say that she thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and couldn't believe the difference to her hands and skin.
She has been doing a lot of gardening recently and been a naughty so-and-so by not using any moisturisers.
The results are excellent :D and my hands feel as soft as a baby's bum too lol
I'm now going to offer this service and will be marketing it as a "facial for the hands", I've seen that phrase somewhere (can't remember where for the life of me) but thought it summed up the product really well. Just hope I won't be infringing on someones copyright :eek: If any of you know where I might have seen that please let me know cos I don't like the thought of court lol
x

I'd definately go for both, we do. The Spa is a luxurious manicure that you could include on your service menu and the Solar range is something you can incorporate into daily services. We apply Solar Butter at the end of each F/S or R/B and sometimes, if their hands are eceptionally dry we use the Solar Manicure. This is also a great way to great your clients to buy the products. I haven't come across anyone who hasn't like either the Solar Manicure or Butter, it's a great retail line.

Hi Sassy,

Not tried the solar manicure range (but love solar silk and have some sample pots of solar butter that clients are loving).

I have the Exfoliating Crystals and Acivator which I market as a spa manicure, it's more time consuming, more relaxing, more luxurious. I used it today on my mum as she was well impressed, said her skin immediately looked brighter, not so dull and grey looking. When I use it on myself I can instantly feel the difference, skin is much smoother and not so dry.

I'd market the Solar manicure as I a 'standard' manicure, but I get the impression it's more luxurious than what you usually get for a manicure, so clients would be pleasantly surprised.

The spa range (especially if you inc. parrafin treatment) is the all out, total luxury - it's the top of the range Aston Martin for your hands and nails.

Didn't realise you can now get Nailtiques in Boots!! I did ask for a brochure recently as I was thinking of getting in a prescriptive manicure range. I asked twice and never received anything, not impressed. They were obviously too busy getting cosy with Boots and £ signs in their eyes to worry about supplying us professionals!
Go treat yourself to one of each manicure (or one range on each hand!), once you have experienced the differences first hand it will help you decide how best to market them.

HTH xx

Hi There,
Through out the colder months we like to combine Solar Mani [seems to be preferred by the clientele with a dryer skin type here in my area[close to the beach]
Spa Services also with Parrafin & hot towels. Solar Mani is preferred.

Throughout summer, Spa treatments are favoured,filling salons & day spas with fresh & fragrant aromas.
Hightened by added essential oils added to deluxe services.
A suggestion offered to me by a CND Educator & this will work with the Scentsations also!
Is that if you or the clientele find some fragrance's a little to strong.
You can always add the desired amount of Solar Silk to "TONE" them down a little.
I have on occassion combined solar butter with a small amount of solar silk also.
Alot of the time to introduce a product but always for the GREAT benifits each range has to offer.
HTH jnail OZ xxxx

Bryony said:
it's the top of the range Aston Martin for your hands and nails.

HTH xx

Great description Bryony! Sums it up perfectly xxx

Sass - you know this already im sure but i offer 3 or 4 manicures on my manicure menu from the basic cuticles, shape and polish through to the Spa Manicure and Parrafin Wax Treatment.

I havent as yet experienced the Solar Manicure .... wasnt Heather going to treat us ?!

I was put off a little by the oilyness and smell though i think im gonna have to chase our mate and give it a go, all for research and to help you, you understand ! lol

kx

I use the solar range for a regular (but blinkin fab) basic manicure and the spa range for the works.

I do find the solar manicure a bit messy though and when I'm out and about I bring my little boys dustpan and brush to tidy up afterwards otherwise its a bit crunchy underfoot!

"I have the Exfoliating Crystals and Acivator which I market as a spa manicure, it's more time consuming, more relaxing, more luxurious. I used it today on my mum as she was well impressed, said her skin immediately looked brighter, not so dull and grey looking. When I use it on myself I can instantly feel the difference, skin is much smoother and not so dry."

I agree with this, I tried it for the first time the other day and thought it was great on my dry hands!

Thank you all so much for your advice. Looks like it's going to be an expensive time at Olympia, me 4929 is still smoking from Excel lol! Are there any good deals going on at the Creative stand?

Latest posts

Back