spelling mistake on Creatives website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JCS said:
Ah... well spotted.

Just a thought though.. what is 'amateurlike' ? ;) LOL! sorry I couldn't resist!

PMSL

I do believe in the old "people in glass houses" thing........

Sarita, I take it you're with Distinctive Nails? Young Nails UK distributors? Have you had a look at your new homepage? The one under construction? The one that says:

"Our Website is curentley being designed. Please visit back soon."???

Considering your comments, Sam has shown just how professional he (and Creative Nail Design) is by thanking you politely, despite your lack of professionalism in bringing up something so petty as a spelling mistake to a public forum, your obvious intent was to ridicule another company. As Deni said, it would have been far more professional to simply phone them and inform them of the errors on their page.

You haven't done Distinctive Nails or Young Nails any favours by doing this.

i think life is too short to worry about stuff like this !!! yes tell people like in this case ! but it is not some thing to gossip about !!!

Oooh, I think I may have got it wrong, with the Distinctive Nails thing - the Young Nails distributor is .co.uk and Sarita is .com - goodness me, I don't think the real 'Distinctive Nails' will take kindly if Sarita isn't associated with them....... I must ask!

I think someone has sprinkled something into the water system today ... made everyone tetchy... deep breaths... calm calm calm..... there.. doesnt that feel better.. Oh I am off to sunny Spain.... la la la la la la..... calm calm calm....... ;)

JackieMc said:
PMSL

I do believe in the old "people in glass houses" thing........

Sarita, I take it you're with Distinctive Nails? Young Nails UK distributors? Have you had a look at your new homepage? The one under construction? The one that says:

"Our Website is curentley being designed. Please visit back soon."???

Considering your comments, Sam has shown just how professional he (and Creative Nail Design) is by thanking you politely, despite your lack of professionalism in bringing up something so petty as a spelling mistake to a public forum, your obvious intent was to ridicule another company. As Deni said, it would have been far more professional to simply phone them and inform them of the errors on their page.

You haven't done Distinctive Nails or Young Nails any favours by doing this.

I am beside myself with this post! Thank God Samuel Sweet can be professional today!! I have completely had my fill! I need some SERIOUS chill out time! Congratulations JackieMc!!!

jacki, it is not my job to be ringing compaines informing them on their mistakes, so no i shouldnt have done that.

i thought this was an open public forum, however it seems to me that ANY criticism of creative is a raw nerve for lots of people. If they are so good you shouldnt have to harshly defend yourself, never once have i said creative or their products are bad, all i said is that they made a mistake.

It is a shame that the creative trainees are not as polite as the people who actually work in creative ie. samuel sweet.

and just for your information Young Nails not Distinctive Nails already know that i have called my self Distinctive Nails, they had no probs on this whatsoever, well spotted though!!!!

sarita said:
jacki, it is not my job to be ringing compaines informing them on their mistakes, so no i shouldnt have done that.

i thought this was an open public forum, however it seems to me that ANY criticism of creative is a raw nerve for lots of people. If they are so good you shouldnt have to harshly defend yourself, never once have i said creative or their products are bad, all i said is that they made a mistake.

It is a shame that the creative trainees are not as polite as the people who actually work in creative ie. samuel sweet.

and just for your information Young Nails not Distinctive Nails already know that i have called my self Distinctive Nails, they had no probs on this whatsoever, well spotted though!!!!

I understand what you are saying about us being impolite and I apologise for that however, if you found spelling mistakes on say OPI, NSI, etc. website would you feel the need to post them on this open forum - or did you merely do it to create the effect you created.

hmm just a thought!

Sarita, I didn't think my reply to you was impolite, I was merely stating that it would have been a professional courtesy for you to inform the company (CND) privately rather than try to humiliate them on a public forum - which is most definately what you wanted to do, why else post this publicly? And why not also bring to attention the spelling mistake on Young Nails new website (as I did) or do you not consider them as professional as Creative Nail Design (let's at least get the companies name right eh?) and therefore allowed to make these little errors?

And before you accuse me of being another CND 'groupie', whilst I trained with CND years ago, I currently use Ez Flow L&P and YOUNG NAILS gel - so I have no ulterior motive for my previous comments. You'll see quite clearly on my website that this is true.

Having said all that, I must just say that I recently tried Creative Nail Design Brisa gel and much as I liked YN gel, Brisa wins hands down and I will be using that in future. Plus, I don't like dealing with companies whose 'associates' seem to think that publicly slagging the competition is acceptable behaviour, so Young Nails has just lost itself another customer! Well done, I'm sure they'll appreciate your efforts.

Jesus, malordy and holy smoke. I really think Bin Laden is secretly poisoning the water today as everyone is behaving very strangely. Guys let's reinsert our sense of humours and get like the weather ie let's all chill!!

I love a good typo, I almost make a hobby out of spotting them, and there have been plenty within this thread, which just goes to show weer awl hooman!!

TEE HEE you are all crazy ladies.... Making my S**T day a lot brighter:)

Thanks!!
Sassy Hassy said:
Jesus, malordy and holy smoke. I really think Bin Laden is secretly poisoning the water today as everyone is behaving very strangely. Guys let's reinsert our sense of humours and get like the weather ie let's all chill!!

I love a good typo, I almost make a hobby out of spotting them, and there have been plenty within this thread, which just goes to show weer awl hooman!!

ooh something in the water or lots of people today are having their "lady week" all at the same time.................lol
p.s sorry to lower the tone

JackieMc said:
Sarita, I didn't think my reply to you was impolite, I was merely stating that it would have been a professional courtesy for you to inform the company (CND) privately rather than try to humiliate them on a public forum - which is most definately what you wanted to do, why else post this publicly? And why not also bring to attention the spelling mistake on Young Nails new website (as I did) or do you not consider them as professional as Creative Nail Design (let's at least get the companies name right eh?) and therefore allowed to make these little errors?

And before you accuse me of being another CND 'groupie', whilst I trained with CND years ago, I currently use Ez Flow L&P and YOUNG NAILS gel - so I have no ulterior motive for my previous comments. You'll see quite clearly on my website that this is true.

Having said all that, I must just say that I recently tried Creative Nail Design Brisa gel and much as I liked YN gel, Brisa wins hands down and I will be using that in future. Plus, I don't like dealing with companies whose 'associates' seem to think that publicly slagging the competition is acceptable behaviour, so Young Nails has just lost itself another customer! Well done, I'm sure they'll appreciate your efforts.

Here here Jackie!!

Seeing as almost everyone is getting there say thought I might as well :)

I do love this site!! :wink2:

joannerowsell said:
ooh something in the water or lots of people today are having their "lady week" all at the same time.................lol
p.s sorry to lower the tone

I think so, but you know what they say about hanging out in the same group of woman all the time, that can happen ... sorry going off the subject! :o

God!!!! Get over it, it's a spelling mistake lets get back to talking Nails it's far more interesting than all the Bitching i've been reading today.:rolleyes:

JackieMc said:
Plus, I don't like dealing with companies whose 'associates' seem to think that publicly slagging the competition is acceptable behaviour, so Young Nails has just lost itself another customer! Well done, I'm sure they'll appreciate your efforts.

good dont deal with them then.
and 'publicly slagging' i dont think so! i merley pointed out an error, if i wanted to slag them off i wouldnt have even informed anyone and let all potential customers see it for themselves, lets ring creative right now and ask whether they would rather have not known..i dont think so

glittergirl said:
God!!!! Get over it, it's a spelling mistake lets get back to talking Nails it's far more interesting than all the Bitching i've been reading today.:rolleyes:

Obviously you were too subtle!!

If you lot don't get back to friendly Geeking I'll be forced to bring back shming-shmonging and that's a fate worse than death! lol

Sassy Hassy said:

If you lot don't get back to friendly Geeking I'll be forced to bring back shming-shmonging and that's a fate worse than death! lol

I'm curious Sassy, because it doesn't look like evryone elses pleading has helped. :)

It's a thread I started ages ago when the board got really serious like it has tonight about how to make extensions from things you could find in your kitchen - do a search, it was mad!!

Sassy Hassy said:

I've had my say - ignoring her now! LOL

Please don't bring back the shming-shmonging......please!!!! :Scared:

okay Jackie, I promise - blimey I knew that would work, wish I'd done it hours ago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back