Spray tan disasters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P44SPP

Reaction score
please can anyone help and tell me what I'm doing wrong. I bought my first spray tan machine Maxi mist pro TNT and last week sprayed my daughter..... oh god I used 250 ml of product.... eek she was DEFO chocolate. Lucky for me she liked it ha. So this week I thought I had realised my mistake as I had put 2 filters on the gun ..... I hadn't realised one already there. So this week I had EXACTLY the same problem the spray was spotty spotty spotty. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. When I did my refresher course on tanning I was fine.... tan was lovely. No drops drips or spots. Please help xx

It sounds like maybe the dial on your gun is open too high.

Try turning it all the way closed, then opening it a quarter of the way. Spray a sheet of couch roll to test. You should get a nice spray of colour but it shouldn't be soaked through. You should be able to figure out from there where is just right.

You should aim to use about 50ml per person.

Hope this helps x

It sounds like maybe the dial on your gun is open too high.

Try turning it all the way closed, then opening it a quarter of the way. Spray a sheet of couch roll to test. You should get a nice spray of colour but it shouldn't be soaked through. You should be able to figure out from there where is just right.

You should aim to use about 50ml per person.

Hope this helps x

Thank you........ Today seems to have been a disaster. After the messy tan I then had a fight with the tent.....I couldn't get it down ......oh well try again tomorrow lol xx

Oh bless you. I've heard about the tent fights, haha. Never actually used one myself. I'm lucky to have a little tanning area x

:D at tent fights!

When I first started out I had absolutely no problems with my tent and couldn't understand why anyone would, it was so easy!!! The smuggness soon wore off! The tanning side of my business seemed to drop off completely for about a month. Did my first client after that break and could I get the thing back in it's bag :oops:

There are a couple of good youtube videos.

Latest posts

Back