Spraying sun damaged skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisekjh

Reaction score
Had a girl message me for a tan for her prom

She got badly burnt on the top of her arm in april and had second degree burns

Fully healed now but has left scarring

Will the tan be patchy?

I've offered to patch test the area with a light tan

Thoughts??

In theory tanning is only patchy on dry areas, the area isn't dry but scarred. Scarred skin is tougher than normal skin. So to hazard a guess, worst case the tan may not absorb as well leaving it slightly lighter, than the rest of her, but I think it'll probably blend fine. To be on the safe side could you do a trial at say 10% off?

Or if it's very local to you you could just spray the scarred area to see how she feels about it. I wouldn't charge for that if it was local and wouldn't be inconveniencing you at all.

Thank you for your replies

Yes shes local and I've offered to patch test the scarred area for free. Just waiting on a reply. Fingers crossed

Did she want a tan after all ? [emoji4]

This is a difficult one as often scars or marks on the skin will remain visible after a spray tan no matter how hard you try and blend them in. Hope you managed to sort for her, after all girls deserve to look glam on their prom night.

I am going on Monday for a tester tan. Think I might offer half a body? I do tans for members of her family so I don't mind trialling her for free because of her issue.

If alls well she wants it for her prom on the 14th so if I use the lightest tan I've got fingers crossed all will be well

Let us know how it goes x

So, she never replied to me about what time for her trial so I never got to find out the result

Latest posts

Back