Started at Weight Watchers last night

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lush-Lash

Reaction score
So I joined up for the 3rd time last night (3rd time lucky as they say! lol)

I usually join up lose a few lb's then leave so this time I'm making sure I stay for the long haul!

I go on holiday in 12 weeks & have some serious pounds to shift!

Anyone else currently doing weight watchers? xxx

So I joined up for the 3rd time last night (3rd time lucky as they say! lol)

I usually join up lose a few lb's then leave so this time I'm making sure I stay for the long haul!

I go on holiday in 12 weeks & have some serious pounds to shift!

Anyone else currently doing weight watchers? xxx

Meeeee... Started 5weeks ago.
Amazing first week, then downhill from there. :-(
Due to all the Easter eggs in the house haha!
My third time too funnily enough. Getting back on it next week though, stock plenty of fruit and sugar free jelly!
X x x

Meeeee... Started 5weeks ago.
Amazing first week, then downhill from there. :-(
Due to all the Easter eggs in the house haha!
My third time too funnily enough. Getting back on it next week though, stock plenty of fruit and sugar free jelly!
X x x

Im allowed 30 pp per day, I've used them all up today & had 8 of my weekly allowance... I'm hopefully going to try just using up my dailys & not dip into the weeklys from tomorrow.
I'm joining the gym wednesday too & I'm aiming to go 4 times per week.

I'm currently sat with a hot chocolate waiting for corro to finish so I can crawl in bed away from all the food haha

I'm thinking 2lb a week off will be 24lb off in time for my holiday that'll do me nicely. & I'll be able to wear a bikini confortably the the first time ever!

Good luck with it all. Xx

Taking it that as you both are on your third time of joining, I assume that you both did WW the old way too.

How much difference do you find between the way it was with Points to now with the Pro Points?

I have done the old way and found it easy enough to follow and lose weight but I have had trouble with other diets if I don't understand them then I just can't lose weight
For example I just can't get Slimming World - I know all about the red, green or extra easy days - I know what is free etc.. but it doesn't make any sense to me how I would lose weight by eating in that way - so then the diet doesn't work for me.

I'm worried about paying out to join WW again only to find I no longer 'get it' and so will not be able to do the diet.

I have considered just sticking to the WW I know but that would mean working the points out on everything (even the WW stuff), not really quick and easy as a diet is meant to be.

Taking it that as you both are on your third time of joining, I assume that you both did WW the old way too.

How much difference do you find between the way it was with Points to now with the Pro Points?

I have done the old way and found it easy enough to follow and lose weight but I have had trouble with other diets if I don't understand them then I just can't lose weight
For example I just can't get Slimming World - I know all about the red, green or extra easy days - I know what is free etc.. but it doesn't make any sense to me how I would lose weight by eating in that way - so then the diet doesn't work for me.

I'm worried about paying out to join WW again only to find I no longer 'get it' and so will not be able to do the diet.

I have considered just sticking to the WW I know but that would mean working the points out on everything (even the WW stuff), not really quick and easy as a diet is meant to be.

I'm doing Slimming World and understand what you mean about not getting how you can lose weight with all the 'Free' food you're encouraged to eat!

I attend the meetings, use a lot of their recipes and have lost just over one stone so far in about two months BUT I keep a strict eye on calories and tot them up as I go. To my mind, a calorie is a calorie and I wont be lured into eating 'Mounds' of this and 'Lashings' of that. I KNOW I wouldn't shift the excess like that, because that's how I got the extra poundage in the first damn place! :lol:

I believe, no matter what they say, that you have to exercise common sense and self restraint. I want to get to my target weight THIS year and at the rate some of them lose at my group, they'll be lucky to get there by the end of the decade! x

I have done slimming world and it just doesnt work for me because it makes no sense that I can have all I want so long as I follow their rules.

I didn't lose any weight at all, and I know I wouldn't no matter how long I did it for because I'm eating too much (in my mind proving that even too much of the right stuff ain't good for you lol).

I don't really wanna be calorie counting if I can help it and that was why I found the points so easy (and I had the WW excel sheet to log all my points and it produced a chart that showed my progress and was a great tool in helping me with the diet).

I agree with so much of what you say and it really is a case of trial and error until you find something that works for you, personally x

I tried the old and new WW methods, but they didn't do anything for me as I was always hungrier than adapting SW to suit me. I totally agree, though, that eating unrestrained amounts of pasta/rice/meat/spuds etc is useless, too. So, for me, it's a combination of a lot of their recipes plus a strict eye on calorie intake that's doing the trick. I like to attend the meetings for ideas and support, plus the weekly 'Weigh ins' are mini goals that I don't like to 'Fail.'

I would get very fed up with it, though, if I had a vast amount to lose. Some of my group have and are often losing one pound <or even less> in a week. I suspect they might be 'Overdoing' the supposed 'Free' food! :grr:

I started doing weight watchers just over a week ago and lost 4lbs already, I find as long as you stick to it it really works.

I do it the old way with the old points system, got a stone to shift so hopefully will be there ready for my hols!!

I started doing weight watchers just over a week ago and lost 4lbs already, I find as long as you stick to it it really works.

I do it the old way with the old points system, got a stone to shift so hopefully will be there ready for my hols!!
Are you finding it harder now the points are not correct on things like snack bars etc... when out & about?

Do you have any tips to use the old points system? I was thinking of writing the points on the boxes/packets of my food with a sharpie etc.. when I put them away (after buying them) them so I'd know the point value quicker when eating them and I should only have to do it when I go shopping (once or twice a week) rather than every time I want something to eat.

Are you finding it harder now the points are not correct on things like snack bars etc... when out & about?

Do you have any tips to use the old points system? I was thinking of writing the points on the boxes/packets of my food with a sharpie etc.. when I put them away (after buying them) them so I'd know the point value quicker when eating them and I should only have to do it when I go shopping (once or twice a week) rather than every time I want something to eat.

The pro points have thrown me a bit, my shopping trip this week took me forever!!

I do write things down and I find that after a few weeks I have remembered the points of most things. I also write down the points of each meal I cook so I dont have to keep working it out every week.

I took my little paper calculator shopping this week too so anything I wasnt sure of I could calculate, I do find it takes over my life though, constantly thinking about points, points, points!!

Weightwatchers is fantastic! I have lost 27lb and feel so much better. I started at 12.6st and now 10.7st. Only 5ft so would like 2 b around 9st ish. Still a long way 2 go but seriously ladies if I can do it any1 can! I am a major chocolate head and still veg out on treats :)
Do any of u have an iPhone? I swear by my WW app and track everything because it's all at the touch of a hand.
I tried WW the old way a few yrs ago and found I was starving all the time so moved on2 slimming world. I lost few lbs here and there but my lack of syn allowance didn't allow me 2 have much of a social life. the new Pro Points is much easier as fruit and veg is free and u have ur 49 weekly points 2 use extra.
Good luck 2 u all and if u have any questions feel free to throw them my way :) xx

Im currently at ww and have done it on and off for years, I have also done sw and just didn't get it either, I prefer boundaries. I find the pro points so much better, I snack on fruit and divide my daily points between meals ... I try to have 3/4 pp for breakfast, 8 pp lunch, 9/10 pp for dinner then have 2 'naughty' snacks I between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner worth 2/3 pp each. As I'm mobile I have a tub of fruit on my passenger seat for the bits in between lol. My keys to weight lose is to weigh absolutely everything lol seems extreme but it's the only way for me :)

Weightwatchers is fantastic! I have lost 27lb and feel so much better. I started at 12.6st and now 10.7st. Only 5ft so would like 2 b around 9st ish. Still a long way 2 go but seriously ladies if I can do it any1 can! I am a major chocolate head and still veg out on treats :)
Do any of u have an iPhone? I swear by my WW app and track everything because it's all at the touch of a hand.
I tried WW the old way a few yrs ago and found I was starving all the time so moved on2 slimming world. I lost few lbs here and there but my lack of syn allowance didn't allow me 2 have much of a social life. the new Pro Points is much easier as fruit and veg is free and u have ur 49 weekly points 2 use extra.
Good luck 2 u all and if u have any questions feel free to throw them my way :) xx

I forgot to mention the app ... It's my life saver, best thing ever on my iPhone haha!

I don't have an i-phone, I have an android though is there a WW app for android? An app I have with me at all times does sound like a really hand y thing.

I don't have an i-phone, I have an android though is there a WW app for android? An app I have with me at all times does sound like a really hand y thing.

I don't know to be honest hun :( google it! I purposefully waited to join ww this time until I'd gotten my iPhone as I "needed" the app to help me! X

Well I just went on my app store to have a look and have got myself a WW pro points calculator & point tracker App for free :biggrin: but I need to know my daily points allowance before I can use it :rolleyes:

So how do I work out my daily points allowance with the Pro points?
Is it the same questions as before?

Last edited:
I don't know to be honest hun :( google it! I purposefully waited to join ww this time until I'd gotten my iPhone as I "needed" the app to help me! X

The app really is amazing. I don't know where I'd b without it when I look back but if u have the use of the Internet to log on esource u can do it all on there. Suppose the app is great 4 convenience when ur out & about. Xx

Im currently at ww and have done it on and off for years, I have also done sw and just didn't get it either, I prefer boundaries. I find the pro points so much better, I snack on fruit and divide my daily points between meals ... I try to have 3/4 pp for breakfast, 8 pp lunch, 9/10 pp for dinner then have 2 'naughty' snacks I between breakfast/lunch and lunch/dinner worth 2/3 pp each. As I'm mobile I have a tub of fruit on my passenger seat for the bits in between lol. My keys to weight lose is to weigh absolutely everything lol seems extreme but it's the only way for me :)

Totally agree with ya. I have from my 29pp a day - around 5 4 breakfast, 10 4 dinner and 10 4 tea leaving 4 left 4 snacks n milk allowance. Weighing is definitely the key! I didn't want 2 fork out 4 the WW scales even tho I've heard these r fab so bought some Salter Diet Scales which were only a fiver and u can use the scale itself as a tub 2 take along 2 wrk :)

Well I just went on my app store to have a look and have got myself a WW pro points calculator & point tracker App for free :biggrin: but I need to know my daily points allowance before I can use it :rolleyes:

So how do I work out my daily points allowance with the Pro points?
Is it the same questions as before?

Not to sure as my leader worked this out 4 me. Think it depends on your height, bmi and current weight. Is this the same as b4? X

The questions before were:
Male/Female:
... F = 3 points OR M = 9 points
17-20 = 5 points 21-35 = 4 points 36-50 = 3 points 51-65 = 2 points 66+ = 1 point
Weight:
1 point per stone you weigh (do not count the extra lb's)
Ocupation (choose one):
... sitting down most of the time ................... 0 points
... occasionally sitting but mostly standing ....... 2 points
... walking most of the time .......................... 4 points
... doing hard work most of the time ............... 6 points
Heitght:
... 5 foot 3 or under .. 1 point
... 5 foot 4 or over .... 2 points

So my daily points allowance would be: 25

Latest posts

Back