starting my new business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellisime

Reaction score
hi guys
i am starting to get quite nervous now only a week to go untill
i start renting a space in a hair salon. i have been very busy getting organised
but i am having trouble of thinking of special offers to get my clients in.I have bought an A board and put on there to see inside for details or call. as i want to get them into the salon but like i say i dont know what offers to do
please help!!!!!

Hi Michelle,

Well firstly good luck! You could try offerin new clients a percentage off their first treatment, of maybe if a client pays for it all at once, they can have a full set with their infills/re-balance done at a cut price?

bellisime said:
hi guys
i am starting to get quite nervous now only a week to go untill
i start renting a space in a hair salon. i have been very busy getting organised
but i am having trouble of thinking of special offers to get my clients in.I have bought an A board and put on there to see inside for details or call. as i want to get them into the salon but like i say i dont know what offers to do
please help!!!!!

A good one is to offer a free nail art design with every full set. You won't be out of pocket and it is a lovely incentive for your clients and advertising your work.

Good luck and enjoy it. x

You could also offer free pinki solar/cuticle oil with every new set.

A good one to offer is a discounted in fill if booked and paid for with ful set as it gets the client back in the door 3weeks later..... good luck in your new adventure. x

It's a shame new business feel they have to offer discounts & freebies.

You think that new restaurants and bars open up everywhere every day and they hardly ever have to give away free food or drinks, so why does that have to happen in the nail & beauty industry?

Not saying that this idea is the answer to everyones problems, but maybe the money that you spend on the 'freebie' products should be spent on making your salon look so WOW that the customers just have to go inside and see what's in there.

If you charge decent honest prices, then your customers will respect that and will pay it. They also pay for the priviledge of visiting your beautiful salon and the pleasure of your excellent customer service & skill that you've paid for in training courses.

Customers love personal attention - we all do. Maybe more businesses should pay attention to this rather than panicking about discounting their services before they have even started.

We opened the salon just over a year ago and spent a fortune making it look 'WOW'. All the staff know what they are doing and we always try to offer the best service we can. We never had to offer any discounts. OK, we were lucky to have opened in a good area too, but people talk and word of mouth as everyone knows is the best kind of advertising. Pamper EVERY client, even if they are driving you mad. Listen to them and remember them next time they come in and SELL yourself to them, don't just sit there and do their nails or hair. Tell them how you had to do all this training etc...you use only the very best products... how clean & hygenic your salon is... You have all the latest colours... I could go on, but it's twenty past eleven at night!

Anyway, hopefully this post helped some of you out with ideas

Gina

We are Professionals
Please Please Please do not use the word DISCOUNT. We are professionals.

Ask yourself this question ... ??
Are you ever worth less today than next week?

What kind of signals are you sending out to everyone?
1. You're short of clients and desperate to get new business???
2. You're making so much you can afford to cut your prices???
3. You're at the low end of the market??

20% of say only £30 for a full set is £6!! Now think of this....

Give a gift with service instead !!
:idea: :idea:

The gift could be a funky file or a bottle of enamel of their choice or even a small bottle of SolarOil. The product you choose will cost YOU less than 5-10% of your service charge.

The client will see it as a big gift at retail value.
And you don't look like your are running a discount store.

I repeat ... we are professionals.

Totally agree with Geeg & Gina why should you cut your prices? I dont get it you've obviously done your research and spotted a gap in the market so then no need to be cheap then is there?!

using giveaways is a great incentive and again offer something other salons around you dont - the perfect service!

thankyou for all the ideas that all of you have given i suppose i have to give it a go first before offering special offers

I am thinking of things for my small (4hour a week) venture, and a friend suggested a raffle kind of thing where at the end of the month it's drawn and they get a gift from the range you've used to treat them.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and the buisness.
x

Latest posts

Back