Starting to learn about hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am starting to learn as best I can about hairdressing from scratch on my own. I am starting with my own Hair. Im a guy, I generally get a fade at the side and its that cut I want to start with.

My question and I cannot find this answer or for sure confirmation, I am looking to purchase Clippers and I am struggling to understand the size of the heads or clipper attachments. I am looking for clippers which will give a bald cut and a half. Now is half - half a millimetre? If so should I be looking for clippers with attachment of 0.5mm?

Thanks guys this is my first post and look forward to posting again and being apart of this.

No I would call half when the level is pulled down with no guard on at all, when the lever is up towards the front of the clipper is 0 then half would be lever pushed down then no1 is with a no 1 guard on it with the lever forward 1.5 is with the lever back etc

You'll be best to practice on your mates, I practiced on every male head I could from being 11 years old lol, by the time I was 13 I was a pro barber lol

You'll be best to practice on your mates, I practiced on every male head I could from being 11 years old lol, by the time I was 13 I was a pro barber lol
What about on myself tehe

I am so confused but I will get there haha, so is a bald shave = 0mm and generally for clippers is this the length it shaves at with no guard / attachment?

Yea no guard and with the lever pushed toward the front of the clipper, I wouldn't do it on yourself lol how will you see?!

Get yourself a wahl set of clippers with a lever on the side of it, inside the box it will have a guide which will show you how to use it properly

Get yourself a wahl set of clippers with a lever on the side of it, inside the box it will have a guide which will show you how to use it properly
Ok lets go for it and see what happens :)

Latest posts

Back