sunbed help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the matrix

Reaction score
could you guys help me out?

have a nail salon with masses of unused space. have been thinking about getting a stand up sunbed with changing room. but i dont know whether the media and government are influencing tighter regulations with sunbeds meaning that it will be a wasted investment.

does any one have any recommendations for a sunbed and whether profit share is i good idea? any other help would be great. i really want to get one but need some advise from those of you who have experience with sunbeds.

thanks guys

What about spray tanning or renting the rooms out to a beauty therapist.

yea we have thought about that but finding someone reliable and good at what they do is not that easy. with the tanning booth i dont have to worry about sorting them out i can let the client get on with it alone and i can carry on with nails. thanks though x

Ive had a stand up unit for about 5years in an upstairs room, I did a leasehire with Sunquest very good, have noticed a drop off in last year though, take about £100 per week. Just set up spray tan, not sure how that will be. Rented another room to several beauticians but they come and go and you have no control over service standard

yea we have thought about that but finding someone reliable and good at what they do is not that easy. with the tanning booth i dont have to worry about sorting them out i can let the client get on with it alone and i can carry on with nails. thanks though x

If you have a sunbed you won't be able to let the client sort themselves out its quite time consuming because you have to fill in the record cards ,check their skin tone make sure that they are old enough get them to sign the record card sell them the lotions that they need take their payment give them the tokens ect .
Also it can get extremely hot if it is busy .
If you do get one or two sunbeds it's a good idea to income share at the start as you are not left with it if it doesent go well.

Ruby

Latest posts

Back