Support for Mobile techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grainneh

Reaction score
Hi All, I did my course in Feb this year I did my exams in June and am ITEC qualified, I have been doing a few clients mobile but have no regulars as yet - I am considering doing more training to build my confidence and there are so many other products I need to try -I use EZ Flow at the moment and have stopped doing NSI Gel as my confidence has taken a beating!!! Does anyone else find it hard who are mobile ?? The only thing that keeps me still doing them is this website so THANK YOU all.

Also is it best to try get salon experience? Or continue on mobile? Any ideas would be great - cheers!!

It can be very hard being a mobile. However, if you don't want to dive into getting a salon, how about approaching a hairdressing salon or tanning shop and renting some space at the front? It's gives you structure to your day and gets you motivated. Also, you don't feel so insecure when somebody doesn't come back because hopefully you'll be too busy to notice. Good luck. Kim xx :idea:

hi mate, i know exactly what you mean i have been mobile for two and a half years, and there are two things that have done me no end of good

1. training - i did my NVQ and then my masters qual which i passed 2 weeks ago

2. rent a chair - when doing my training i met a guy doing the same quals, and started working in his salon

i have improved a ton since starting my NVQ, i didn't have any problems left to deal with, but i am encountering different nail shapes and problems all the time in the salon, and i am confident that i can deal with any request.

it strikes me that you need some confidence, so keep reading, type in loads of searches on this site, for any problems you are still having, then get some more trainin under your belt, ask questions, and advertise straight away, tell people that you are still training, they don't usually mind as long as you explain your situation first.

lastly, put nails on anyone who sits down in your house, use all of your friends and family, they won't mind having nice nails (for a small charge to cover your costs - don't forget!!)

good luck
beck

Thanks for your comments girls - thats a great help

Merry Christmas and all the best in the new year xx

Latest posts

Back