taking on staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigi

Reaction score
I have had a look through a few threads but really i want your opinions about the following.

My salon is four months old, we are getting busy. thursday and friday are very busy. I would like to getting a self employed nail tech in. What would you think is fair ?

I m not sure about a fair split, I was thinking 60 for her and 40 for us and supplying her materials .

Is this fair?

Also, I would not be able to guarantee her a full book, is this acceptable?

On another note, we also would like to think about an apprentice. can anyone give me info on this? how much would we be expected to pay? what are the typical terms and conditions for one?

ANY info or advice you may have for me is very welcome. We are determined to make this work and feel that if we had an experienced nail tech, she could take the nails on those two days and this would free me and jodie up for beauty treatments.

the rest of the week , we would do the nails.

thank you in advance for you help

sheila

I have had a look through a few threads but really i want your opinions about the following.

My salon is four months old, we are getting busy. thursday and friday are very busy. I would like to getting a self employed nail tech in. What would you think is fair ?

I m not sure about a fair split, I was thinking 60 for her and 40 for us and supplying her materials .

Is this fair?

Also, I would not be able to guarantee her a full book, is this acceptable?

On another note, we also would like to think about an apprentice. can anyone give me info on this? how much would we be expected to pay? what are the typical terms and conditions for one?

ANY info or advice you may have for me is very welcome. We are determined to make this work and feel that if we had an experienced nail tech, she could take the nails on those two days and this would free me and jodie up for beauty treatments.

the rest of the week , we would do the nails.

thank you in advance for you help

sheila

To have an apprentice contact your local hair & beauty college as they need to place students in salons, working 4 days a week for you and 1 day at college. It costs you £80 per week, (this is going up in August to £95 per week). It is a good way for taking on a trainee as they can learn from scratch, answer the phone all the usual things as well as learning the trade. Well worth it. I have a wonderfull junior through this scheme, she has been with me for a year and she has one year to go. If you pm me I can give you details of her provider who will know who you need to contact in North Wales as you are not far from me.
On your split with a S/Employed person, your split sounds fair, but it is up to you and them to negotiate between you. She would have to decide if part time would be good while she builds up her clients. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back