Tanning/Prices for Under 14's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbers_81

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just starting my spray tanning and in the process of practising and doing my website etc.

Was thinking about tanning under 14's/under 16's etc as I spray tanned my sister the other day and she has 2 kids, my niece is 14 and my nephew is 16 she mentioned that they have proms at school when they leave etc..

She reckons it would be a great opportunity for me to spray tan them if they wanted...

What do you geeks reckon on prices, say I did under 14's £15...
Is it worth me travelling for this or would it be best to offer under 14's for tanning parties only? or under 14's at £15 each but must book appointment with a friend/sister etc etc so that I'm travelling for £30 instead of £15!

Opinions and advice appreciated...

Kim x

personally i wouldnt reduce the price i would do a "bring a friend deal" So say a full spray tan is £20 but if you bring a friend who is having the same then its £15 each and if you bring two friends its £12.50

That way you are only travelling once, and potentially getting more clients from it. Dont forget consent forms for under 16's and personally i would not spray tan any child without a parent in the room or at the very least outside an open door.

x

Hi Everyone,

Just starting my spray tanning and in the process of practising and doing my website etc.

Was thinking about tanning under 14's/under 16's etc as I spray tanned my sister the other day and she has 2 kids, my niece is 14 and my nephew is 16 she mentioned that they have proms at school when they leave etc..

She reckons it would be a great opportunity for me to spray tan them if they wanted...

What do you geeks reckon on prices, say I did under 14's £15...
Is it worth me travelling for this or would it be best to offer under 14's for tanning parties only? or under 14's at £15 each but must book appointment with a friend/sister etc etc so that I'm travelling for £30 instead of £15!

Opinions and advice appreciated...

Kim x

Babe you may want to check with your insurance company first before deciding anything as they may have age restrictions to this. I know mine say age 16. Yours may be different but may be worth giving them a ring :hug: xxx

Good thinking..will do that!

Kim x

I agree check with your insurance but also....one price for all....why alter treatment prices depending on age? x

I know what your saying about why alter prices for different ages afterall there are some younger ones that are taller etc then adults (and use more solution! lol)

The reason I thought this may be a good idea is I was actually thinking of the parents in this case....Think they would be happy to pay a 'full price' for themselves but would rather a cheaper price for their child!

If Mrs Smith for example had 2 teenage girls who wanted spray tans, money is tight, their saying my friends at school can have one! blah blah blah as kids do then at least the mother isn't paying out too much!

A teenager (under 16) at a slightly cheaper price is better than nothing at all because her mother said no!

Kim x

Last edited:
personally i wouldnt want my daughter to have a cheap tan, it would make me wonder what is wrong with it, old stock? etc etc but maybe thats just me.

What about a special prom/end of school/ end of exam offer ?
x

Well it woudn't be cheap as in bad quality just a slightly cheaper price...
After reading the advice on here thought adults at one price then under 16's just SLIGHTLY cheaper lol

But if they bring a friend they both get for XXX amount each!!

All trial and error I suppose, thanks for your advice...Kim x

Well it woudn't be cheap as in bad quality just a slightly cheaper price...
After reading the advice on here thought adults at one price then under 16's just SLIGHTLY cheaper lol

But if they bring a friend they both get for XXX amount each!!

All trial and error I suppose, thanks for your advice...Kim x

Hi

As already mentioned first check out your insurance, next get a CRB check and then get parental consent for under 16's. After that I would offer them parties (6 people at £15.00 per head) i wouldn't do single ones for that price. And don't forget patch tests!

HTH:hug:

I used to get a lot of queries for under 14's some as young as nine, I absolutely refuse to do them out of principal (even if the insurance did cover it).

The salon I do spray tanning for did have a mother and daughter request and turned it away. I'm not sure I would be happy doing a young child either, however, I have heard that young dancers like to have spray tans. Does anyone do this and if so what is the minimum age?

I spray my daughter and her friend. They are 13 and 14 which is a little older than I guess we are talking about. I do get written consent from her friends mother. They are also both dancers! Yes, you are quite right, dancers do like to be sprayed. Not particularly all year round but before a big performance. I wouldn't discount this (as long as insurance, consent etc is in place). One of my students got a big booking at Christmas to spray the full cast of a local pantomime. So many, she had to do it over two evenings. Not a bad job at all - especially at a very expensive time of year.

hth, Joy x

Latest posts

Back