Tanning solution straight on skin-rather than airbrushed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has any advice- I usually use fakebake but have got some solutions of other tans i would like to try.

I havnt got anyone to spray me with the tanning machine- I always do my own using the fakebake flawless.

Does anyone know if I pour the tanning solution into the empty fakebake flawless bottle and use it like that- so spray on my skin and rub in with a mitt- would this still come out ok? (As surely the flawless solution/ 60min retail solution is just the same solution we use for the spray tan but just applied differently) not sure if this would work with other males?

If anyone has any advice that would be great. I wanted to try the la tanning solutions.

Ive never heard if this being done, not sure how it would work with insurance but if just doing it on yourself maybe you could try it in an inconspicuous area like the bum where nobody else will see it if its bad lol?

Lol, Yea it's only for myself as It's easier than spraying with the machine. will try it see how it comes out.

I have done my face, arms and legs using a tanning brush (its like a big blusher brush so you can use one of those). You only need a small amount and it is best to put a little on and practice as you need to be careful you do not leave streaky lines.
Alternatively, the self tanning mousse applied with a mitt is good, again try a small amount at first and watch out for the dry areas remember to put barrier cream or a body lotion on those bits before applying.
Hope it goes well.

Great thank you, I'm looking forward to trying your products. How does the mouse differ from the solutions? Isit a different colour? Does the solution last longer?

Hi. We do a range of 8 different solutions from 8 Gold to Disco 14% Brown, whereas we only do 3 Mousse (Gold, Brown and Dark). The Gold is around a 10%, the medium a 12% and the Dark is Disco 14%. The solution and Mousse will last around the same amount of time 5 - 7 days although you usually find...if you use a lot of anti-wrinkle creams like me!!...that your face will not last as long. That is where the tanning brush comes in, I just dab a bit more on my face overnight.

Great thank you so much for your help, I have got the 12% on my stomach and the fastbtan everywhere else just to try it out, looking forward to seeing the results

Your more than welcome. Let us know who you go on.

Hi. We do a range of 8 different solutions from 8 Gold to Disco 14% Brown, whereas we only do 3 Mousse (Gold, Brown and Dark). The Gold is around a 10%, the medium a 12% and the Dark is Disco 14%. The solution and Mousse will last around the same amount of time 5 - 7 days although you usually find...if you use a lot of anti-wrinkle creams like me!!...that your face will not last as long. That is where the tanning brush comes in, I just dab a bit more on my face overnight.
I can't wait to try this. I use lots of oils and moisturisers and my face fades very quickly and I like it to be dark.
Would you recommend on a moisturiser so it's easier to blend or on clean skin?

I can't wait to try this. I use lots of oils and moisturisers and my face fades very quickly and I like it to be dark.
Would you recommend on a moisturiser so it's easier to blend or on clean skin?
It would be on clean skin :)

So on Thursday I applied the 12% on stomach and fast tan everywhere else. I love the colour both tans have come out nice and dark- the 12% on stomach is a different colour it's more of a brown whereas the fast tan is more golden. It's only been 4 days though and my chest has gone patchy! (I never get this with fake bake) I'm going to exfoliate the chest tonight then re apply tommorrow. I'm hoping the rest won't go too patchy- any recomendations how to keep it at its bests? I have been using oil free moisturiser to keep it hydrated but might start using a more Rich cream to help it fade of nicer?

Hi. The 12% is a Brown whereas the Fast Tan is a Brown and Gold mix so yes they would appear different.
Regarding your chest you may have to exfoliate a bit more, it should not go patchy unless you were sweating during the developing process.
Hope all goes well.

Latest posts

Back