Tans and acne scars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzlingDetails

Reaction score
Hey peeps,
Just wanting your thoughts on this one...
I have a client booked in on Wednesday for nails and a tan - I use NOUVATAN - anyways I spoke to her cousin today at her appointment and she mentioned to me that this girl - tan is for her prom- has very bad acne scars and that she had used an at home tan earlier this week and it had really gripped into the scar marks on her face leaving dirty rings...She is petrified that this will happen to the tan that I'm going to do for her the night before her prom, and to be honest I'm a bit concerned as I have never tanned anyone like this before...
Has anyone got any experience of this or thoughts on how I should proceed???
Thanks lovelies xxx

Hi there,

The thing with people doing their own tans is they don't use barrier cream and our spray application gives, in my opinion, a far superior result. So first of all this client needs to ensure all old tan is removed. Then when she comes for the appointment, I would suggest applying a bit of barrier cream, rubbing it in well, then when spraying her face, stand back a bit further. As you know the barrier cream won't stop the spray tan reaching the skin, it will just stop it "grabbing" it, iykwim. If its for her prom, she can always top up with bronzer, but this is the way I would handle it.

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey peeps,
Just wanting your thoughts on this one...
I have a client booked in on Wednesday for nails and a tan - I use NOUVATAN - anyways I spoke to her cousin today at her appointment and she mentioned to me that this girl - tan is for her prom- has very bad acne scars and that she had used an at home tan earlier this week and it had really gripped into the scar marks on her face leaving dirty rings...She is petrified that this will happen to the tan that I'm going to do for her the night before her prom, and to be honest I'm a bit concerned as I have never tanned anyone like this before...
Has anyone got any experience of this or thoughts on how I should proceed???
Thanks lovelies xxx

I think Louise has summed things up well with her posting

Just to add to that....this is a situation that could go well or adversely cause you and your client a lot of grief.

Clearly this lady has a skin problem and in an area that is the worse possible place and this particular application is for a once in a lifetime event.. her prom

If she has experienced difficulties with "grabbing" using a domestic application there are potentially far greater problems looming using a commercial spray tan solution which has a far greater DHA concentration than that of a product purchased at retail

If dead skin is not effectively removed from the scaring then the "grabbing" is going to be more profound for sure

Yes barrier cream will assist however this in itself could cause an opposite problem...no colouring to the covered area

Clearly this is an important event for this lady and she is going to want to look and feel her best.

Ideally a practice run would have been appropriate well in advance so that any "gremlins" could be identified and remedial action taken and tested on the next application

There's something inside me saying :eek::eek: if this goes wrong there could be some serious possible crap a coming on from this if things go wrong here.

if it were me I would possible consider a cosmetic application only to the face ..you can get this which is used by some trainers or alternatively use make up

Just to risky me thinks as one hell of a special night to potentially get wrong....these situations really do need prior testing

Clearly this individual is a keen tanner and therefore a potential good client for you...well that is still a possibility so why not do the applications together with her after her event

If it is that she/you are determined to o through with this consultation is key...you must discuss with her the possible problems ahead and how those problems may lead to spoiling this special night

It would be useful to have a friendly witness during these discussions

HTH and good luck with whatever you finally decide

Thank you both, to be honest I never even thought to ask if she had any skin problems, it is something I will definitely be asking in the future and I will discuss the options for not tanning her face possibly, prior to the tan, thank you both again xxx

Thank you both, to be honest I never even thought to ask if she had any skin problems, it is something I will definitely be asking in the future and I will discuss the options for not tanning her face possibly, prior to the tan, thank you both again xxx

good luck

Latest posts

Back