Thanks soooo very much!! :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tavinailtech

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks so much!! This site has been a godsend to me!!
I am a new tech and have sat down at this computer everyday for weeks now. Each day someone would have a post just like what i wanted to say. I have only made one post, but my questions were answered just as if i had typed them myself. Last month i started a job as a nail tech, and i have just graduated, so it has been hell!! I had massive lifting, nasty clients, the whole thing was rotten to say the least. I have spent endless hours trying on my own nails (they look like a monster truck ran over the nail beds underneath!). but last night it hit me!! All of a sudden everything just fell into place, it seemed that everything people said here just took off in my mind! I finally slept last night! I have been eating , sleeping, waking, dreaming of NAILS! But , I got it!! Well at least the first little bump of this carreer! My many thanks to all that posted this site save me from going completly crazy!!

Jackie (TNT-Tavi Nail Tech)
smiling at last.

I can relate to everything you have said Jackie. I am glad you are finding the site as valuable as I do. Good luck !

hi jackie,
i agree without peoples brilliant knowledge on here i wouldn't have got anywhere.
its a god send :Love:

Epiphany moments - you gotta love 'em

It's like someone just turned the lights on and everything suddenly seems perfectly clear :Love:

I had mine when I had my nails done by a Creative Ambassador - suddenly I realised why I couldn't produce good nails........ it was becase I'd never seen good nails before........I was replicating what I had done to me or seen and they were pants, so obviously I was churning out pants too.........when I saw what a real set should look like it was a revelation!!

Here's to many more good nights sleep Jackie :green:

Trin
xx

joannerowsell said:
i agree without peoples brilliant knowledge on here i wouldn't have got anywhere.

I couldn't have put it better myself Joanne.

Welcome Jackie, you're gonna love this fab site :D

Hi Jackie,

Glad your getting the best from this site.
I think every one feels like you do from time to time and it is nice to"cry on someones shoulder" a bit aint it?

:wink2:

Get in there TNT... when the light goes on... it shines!!!! Best of luck and keep asking those questions... if you don't ask.... :hug:

i am also very new to this site and have been looking at the posts daily since i started training which has helped me on my way.......although i have not been so lucky in finding a nail tech job, seems they are very limited around here.

All i get is "we're looking for someone with experience" - how are we meant to get our foot in the door if no one will give us a chance?!

Any tips, or should i just bite the bullet and start a business of my own?!

Hi Jackie,

Welcome to the site :wink2:

Your thread just made me go aahhhhh!!!! It is a great feeling when something so frustrating finally 'falls into place'!!!! :biggrin:

Zoe
The place that hired me also wanted an experianced tech. I however new some of the newer stuff that some more experianced ones did not know. Like nail art, gel nails ect. She took a chance on me, so far she has been wonderful. I was doing nails at home for a few months before is all the experiance that i had.

good luck, Jackie

Aw Jackie you should have turned to us for support when you felt down, there's nothing better than a bit of TLC and a huge hug from a Geek to buck your spirits up.

And why do these salons insist on experience? My god you only have to read Mrs Geek's recent thread about accepting second best to show that there are very few techs out there who have a passion to produce consistently good work. Experience doesn't necessarily mean good, it may just mean years of producing the same old crap. Your attitude shows that if you approach a salon and really sell yourself you can achieve your goals. My hat goes off to you for not taking no for an answer. Bring it on hun!

Latest posts

Back