the effects of shaving on the skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhayley10xx

Reaction score
my minds completey gone blank could ne one remind me of the effects of the skin caused by shaving :irked: i feel very dumb !

With regards to shaving its usually the products that cause the most problems as they can very drying and sometimes irritating.

I think when you shave you do technically ''exfoliate'' as you take some layers of skin with you.

hth

becki xxx

Ingrown Hairs!!!!!
Dry/ broken skin
Redness
Cuts

You name it shaving will cause it! Shaving is bad lol

Ingrown Hairs!!!!!
Dry/ broken skin
Redness
Cuts

You name it shaving will cause it! Shaving is bad lol

Oh dear. That's us lads buggered then. :(

Oh dear. That's us lads buggered then. :(

Ha ha sorry wasn't thinking of you lads, although my hubby gets the same nasty effects on his face. I've now got him using Priva Shave to try and combat the negatives.

Apparently with those prone to goosepimples which is common when your in your hot / cold / breezey bathroom, as you shave you cut the hair and the top of the goosepimples off too resulting in a rash, when the hair starts to grow back as the folicle (goosepimple) has a 'scab' on the top, sometimes the hair can't break through and grows inwards

does ne 1 no why these effects happen ? x

Apparently with those prone to goosepimples which is common when your in your hot / cold / breezey bathroom, as you shave you cut the hair and the top of the goosepimples off too resulting in a rash, when the hair starts to grow back as the folicle (goosepimple) has a 'scab' on the top, sometimes the hair can't break through and grows inwards

When your shaving its really difficult to keep your skin at the correct temperature before you start to suffer from goosepimples, anything causes them on me - my bathroom is quite draughty which doesn't help.

Is this for college? sorry just interested?

Is this for college? sorry just interested?

ha, no im a working therapist, i was just talking to a new client who's never waxed before and she was asking me about shaving... and to be honest iv never really researched it. so i dont feel i gave her a professional answer iv had a look o the internet but nothink really explains why??

ha, no im a working therapist, i was just talking to a new client who's never waxed before and she was asking me about shaving... and to be honest iv never really researched it. so i dont feel i gave her a professional answer iv had a look o the internet but nothink really explains why??

No offence meant xxx

aww i no it's just really buggin me that i dont no this...xxx:hug:

Why not explain to her the positives of waxing rather than the negatives of shaving?

Becki xxx

It would be easier for us to understand if you told us exactly what she asked you in her words. xxx

Latest posts

Back