Therapist renting a room in my salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capes

Reaction score
I have a lady who has just started to rent a room in my small 2 room salon. She is only doing 1 day per week but has bought with her tons of stuff and has even put posters in reception area without my permission. I have asked her to keep these to her room but she seems very off with me about it and almost annoyed if I question her on the slightest thing? Fully aware I am not her boss and she has her own business however it is still my salon and I don’t want to feel uncomfortable in my own surroundings?

Knowing or being told the ground rules before tenants move in is key.

It's a learning process when renting out tbh.

I would allow a small amount of her advertising in the salon area, but it has to be in keeping with your scheme.

We've learnt...
Signage... Small amount outside, small amount inside and a directional sign.
Do not use the salon number in your adverts.
Same hours as the salon.
No loud music
Phone calls taken in your area.
Do not use our cash float for change
No drilling hundreds of holes in the wall
Rent on time no excuses.

The list goes on tbh. All a learning curve.

If she only rents for 1 day, and you rent the room to someone else for another day, you'll end up with more advertising stuff from that other person too...

Bottom line, your area, your rules

Perfect thanks, that’s exactly how I feel. I plan to fill the room full time with another therapist also. I can’t have one rule for one and one for another. :)

beckybee has some good ideas. It’s your salon, so get all these points into the contract you offer anyone you accept as a renter.
:)

Is she aware that u are going to rent out to other people, is she aware that her rent is a day rent, does she have somewhere to store her equipment when others using the room

Latest posts

Back