Thick gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eloise

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was just wondering if there was a way to thin a gel polish that is too thick, I purchased gelish all tied up with a bow in October and stored it in a cupboard where I usually store gels until I want to open them and start using them and never had issue's before, but this one is so so thick and gloopy it's almost impossible to use I have to use a different nail brush to get it thin enough and it just doesn't sit well looks kinda bumpy, I hate using it as it takes a long time to do can I send it back if iv already used it or is there something I can do to thin it out? Just feel it's a waste of money! I have also had this colour previous Christmases and it is usually thicker than others as it is a glittery colour but never this bad.

There are thinners available in the States, I don't think anyone sells one here in the UK. It's probably not a good idea either as it will alter the chemical make up of the product and you risk service breakdown, chipping, etc.

Even if you've used it, I'd be contacting your supplier, they will hold records of how recently you purchased it and it shouldn't really be gloopy that soon. Ask for a replacement bottle, there may have been an issue with that colour batch

Ok I will ask the supplier what they can do for me, I wasn't sure if you could thin gel polish or not so I won't bother with that, thanks for your reply :)

Ok I will ask the supplier what they can do for me, I wasn't sure if you could thin gel polish or not so I won't bother with that, thanks for your reply :)

Let us know what they say, it's useful for other Geeks if they are searching for similar issues in the future

Latest posts

Back