Thicker Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
I have noticed that when I polish nail with coloured varnishes they look thicker. Why is this and what can I do? Sorry I know it's probably a stupid question.

What polishes are you using and are they new or have they been opened for a while (if that makes sense)

I use China Glaze. They are all brand new

andrelax said:
I have noticed that when I polish nail with coloured varnishes they look thicker. Why is this and what can I do? Sorry I know it's probably a stupid question.

Are these natural nails or enhancements. find if i haven't finished shaping properly mine too can look a little wide. I think it is the polish that eccentuates (??) flaws.

mamma said:
Are these natural nails or enhancements. find if i haven't finished shaping properly mine too can look a little wide. I think it is the polish that eccentuates (??) flaws.

Enhancements. I am new to nails so your probably right about not shaping properly. Thanks Debbie xx

Hiya x

do you mean on natural nails or on enhancememts...?

i have found that painting enamel on nail enhancements can show everything up...and can sometimes make the nail look thicker...i don't cap the end of the nail in colour as i personally think this makes them look thicker...i cap with my top coat...also leaving a nice margin at the sides can help to make the nails look slimmer. hope this makes sense. xx

NailStyle said:
Hiya x

do you mean on natural nails or on enhancememts...?

i have found that painting enamel on nail enhancements can show everything up...and can sometimes make the nail look thicker...i don't cap the end of the nail in colour as i personally think this makes them look thicker...i cap with my top coat...also leaving a nice margin at the sides can help to make the nails look slimmer. hope this makes sense. xx

I usually cap the free edge but I'll try it this way and see what happens. Cheersxxx

Sorry I thought you meant the polish itself was thick. Durh! When you paint the nail leave a small margin round the edges, this can help to elongate the nail.

Latest posts

Back