Thin Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I wonder if anyone could give me a bit of advice as I have a clients rebalance to do tonight but she says that one of her nails is a bit tender. She thinks this is due to the nail underneath being a bit thin. what should I do with this problem as I don't feel I'm gonna be able to file it much? should I soak it off and start again (may or may not need a tip) or would it be better to just gently file it as shes been putting to glue on the top to try to keep it a bit stronger until she can get to me, and then apply more product?
Please help if anyone can make any suggestions. What if I soak it off and then find that the nail underneath is not strong enough to take a new tip if it needs it?
I will really appreciate some help here
Donna

hiya, ok now please dont attck me if i get this wrong, i have never given advise on here b4 as i really dont feel qualified enough, but for what its worth i would take off the enhancement just so i could see the nail as this may explain the tenderness your lady has, i would look out for greenies and such, then if all was well i would apply some gel to protect the nail b4 applying a tip. Keep it short and keep an eye on it. I have had sore nails from my own mistakes b4 and done this and the week nail has just grown out and the pain gone away, but the gel and tip has procted it while it has grown. like i said i am new to this so maybe someone more qualified could help.
xxx

DONZIE said:
Please help if anyone can make any suggestions. What if I soak it off and then find that the nail underneath is not strong enough to take a new tip if it needs it?
Donna
Depending on how bad the product is on the nail I think the above statement is pretty much on the nose. If her natural nail has been overly thinned or damaged I would personally rather not put it through the additional stress of a soak off and full re PREP.... I would be more inclined (as I said, depending on the condition of the existing product) to gently thin it down and rebalance as normal. Sculpting would be a good way around having to re tip....

Latest posts

Back