Timing and cost of nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cantrelax

Head in the clouds Geek
Reaction score
Ok geeks,

I have been doing nails since September and although it really hasn't been that long I have done an awfull lot of practice and have been told that I really am doing quite well. I think so to. My application is almost spot on, I am now able to sculpt my gel with my brush so I have less filling to do!! Thanks to all your hints and tips my nails are looking more natural and the sets I have done get compliments all the time!! However, the only problem I have is that My timing is horendous. 2.5-3 hours it takes to do a full set/infill/ rebalance. I was thinking about upping my prices slightly but the fact that it takes me so long to finish is giving me second thoughts. What do you reckon? I'm just worried that people will be unwilling to pay especially if they have come from an nss and have been in and out in 45 min with a "beautiful" set of enhancements.

Your timings will eventually come down.How much are you charging at the moment? There is NO competition when it comes to nss most people would rather pay more than have their nails butchered.

At the moment I charge 10 pounds fo a full set, infill and rebalance.

i would charge more.

Go for it up it £20 then as the clients start rolling in your time will come down

Definitely go up to more than £20. Your timing will fall into place. The more enhancements you do the quicker you will get. Always try to use the best products; that way you will get the best results. All the best for 2006. xx

Our local college charges £20 a set if that helps.

If the college is charging 20 then I can defo go up to this!! Thanks guys xx

andrelax said:
If the college is charging 20 then I can defo go up to this!! Thanks guys xx

Go for it hun, you know you can do it. You enjoy what you do, but you still need to earn from it. Be positive. XX

whatever you charge.....make sure u can make some money out of it clients HATE price increases.....make sure you dont keep upping it....

Maybe charge £20 or £25 then you'll still be earning a few bob out of it.

amb x

Latest posts

Back