Tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OpazBeauty

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am qualified in many beauty treatments including Hi Definition brows and lash lifting and perming. Unfortunately unbeknown to me my recent lash lift and perm course did not include tinting which obviously are often offered together, however I am qualified in brow tinting with my HD brows course. Will my brow tinting qualification cover me to do eyelash tinting. My insurance through ABT lists tinting under ‘Eye Treatments- Shaping, Tinting, perming’ and doesn’t have separate ‘eyebrow tinting’ and ‘eyelash tinting’ so this indicates to me I am insured to do all eye tinting treatments, I may of course be wrong. As I am qualified in many other ‘eye’ treatments (classic and Russian eyelash extensions, eyebrow extensions, lifting, perming, facials) I am very aware of contra-indications etc but just wanted to ask for some advice from people who have maybe been in the same boat or perhaps only have one tinting qualification but carry out both.

Thanks
Opal

Insurance companies are generally very strict about only covering you for what you have actually been trained in and eyelash tinting is obviously quite different to eyebrow tinting so I'm sure you'd need to be trained to do it.
Another example is lash perming and Lifting. If you were trained to do the older perming technique you aren't covered to do the more current lash Lifting even though I understand the main difference is only the rods/shields.

Yes, you normally need to have had some training in a particular treatment. However, beware that some short course accreditation is not worth the paper it’s written on (in my opinion), so you need to double check if the training you’ve completed is considered adequate.

Always check directly with your current insurer and ask for confirmation in writing where possible, if it’s an unusual situation.
Remember to re-check your cover when you change your policy as your new provider might have a different approach, particularly if their price is a lot cheaper. They might be selling you less cover overall.

Thanks both I really appreciate your replies, I have since arranged further training in eyelash tinting as I agree it is worth while being trained and of course adequately insured to carry it out.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back