Tips on Toes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wondernail

Reaction score
I have had a couple of clients asking if the can have matching enhancements on their toes.

I do put enhancements on my toes...but have never offered it to clients as I was not sure if it is really the done thing and have never seen any tips for toes anywhere. (I use regular tips on my toes but i have small toes...what happens if someone has big toes or something!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Needless to say, the enhancements are no longer than natural nails so as not to cause problems with footwear and general foot health.

Hiya xx

I don't use tips on toes....only the gel...i love french on toes with a bit of bling...i only ever once allpied a tip on a toe that was a little odd shaped, shall i say !!! just so it matched the others....i wouldn't do it other than that thoe...even the tiniest of toes can take gel to make them look better...or even apply a sculpting form maybe...just to lenthen them if they are real short....although i haven't tried it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah tips can be a bit tricky, but I have found you do get stunning results....but I think it really depends on the toes in question!!!

Yeah I think you are right...gel could be a good option also.

Ta :cool:

I recently trained with BRiSA - there hasnt been a demand for gel on fingernails but more on toes. I have practiced on myself but am unsure if i should go through the whole procedure of forever french?

Instead I did:

Prep
Liquid bond
Clear sculpting gel
White gel paint
Pink Sculpting gel
Finishing gloss

I also tried it with clear sculpting gel in place of the pink but found that using the pink made the finish nicer!

Does anyone else have any suggestions ?

I used to do it the same as finger nails....but then read on here a great and very quick way....

Prep
White Gel
Finishing Gloss
done !!!!

this works well if they have nice toes....if they have not so nice toes and need a bit of a cover up i use ...

Prep
Brisa Mix (pink with white)
white
finishing gloss
Done !!!

HTH xxxx

Hi thanks i just thought it would be easier on my back if i could find a quicker way!
How do you sit when doing gel on toes?

Another q - brisa mix? i was never told how to do this?

I sit on 1 chair and use a foot rest for working on my feet....the lamp is on the floor...so i can have 1 foot under the lamp while working on my other foot on the footrest.

The Brisa Mix is what Ruth made up...its in a thread called "Mixing a breeze with Brisa" if you look in my gallery you will see my nails that have the mix on. its a lovely colour. xxxxx

Cheers Ang, thats a brill idea eh!!

Away to try it out, i dont have any empty pots at the mo' but will use one of mini acrylic stacking pots....that should work just as nice hopefully! I originally thought that the pink foot i done on myself was "too pink"
When i normally do a full set of gel nails i do :

Prep
clear gel
pink gel
white gel
clear gel

it gives a softer pink colour and still hides any imperfections - i have a pic in the gallery at the moment, any comments would be appreciated as this is my first attempt on myself!!

Oh & BTW, i dont have a footrest but will invest in one - with the summer coming in all i am doing this week is gel toes!!!!

Just a thought, when you mix the gel mix in a clear pot, just make enough to serve one client as it will cure in time in the pot, daylight will eventually cure the gel..........
So it's best if you want to pre-mix and use it on other clients, to use a container that is light tight..................

Got to confess that about 4/5 weeks ago, I stuck toe tips over the entire nail of my big toes. I didn't put anything on the tip other than two coats of polish and a top coat of Seche Vite and they still look as beautiful today as they did then.

Toe tips??? Are there ones made for toes??? If so...where from...let me at them!!

I use my finger ones, but i have little toes!

Yeah, toe tips. I buy mine from a cheap little wholesaler in London.

Ooooh do they do mail order!! Do you have a name and number for them??

I suspected you could get them, but I have searched and never found them!!

How excited can a person be over toe tips!!!! (It's unnatural!!!)

you can get good results with white tips and a clear overlay, if you dont have big enough tips to fit the big toe, you can sculpt. another way to do it [not sure if it works yet, read it some time ago on the beautytech board] is to cut the opposite ends off two tips so that they overlap in the centre a bit,apply and then blend together . i think it would work, should be un noticeable once overlaid. :cool:

Yeah white tips and clear overlay is what I use and they do really look stunning and everyone notices them especially with some bling style gems on!!

hi,
they sell toe tips at professionails

also, star nails do extra large tips from size 1x to 5x, they sell these at capital hair and beauty supplies
hth's

I offer my clients the option to have tips on their toes usually in the summer when it is most popular. I apply a white tip to give them a french look and then overlay with creative's blush pink powder. The results are amazing. I recently did this on one of my clients except she wanted bling on her big toe.
www.nailsbynidia.com/stones.jpg

Nidia

hiya....i only ever use my gel on the toe nails.....now i feel i am missing something...lol why and when would you apply a tip to the toe nail...? cant you get the same effect by just doing a natural nail overlay or is it a length thing ?

Please tell me ..... i hate feeling like i am missing out on something.....xxxx

NailStyle said:
hiya....i only ever use my gel on the toe nails.....now i feel i am missing something...lol why and when would you apply a tip to the toe nail...? cant you get the same effect by just doing a natural nail overlay or is it a length thing ?

Please tell me ..... i hate feeling like i am missing out on something.....xxxx
well i do this too, but a white tip gives a crisper finish.

Latest posts

Back