Toner for hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo hobbs

Love your hair by jo
Reaction score
Hi all need some advice on toning hair extensions ..

I have recently fitted number 60 and white (Archie Lloyds) extensions for one of my clients hoping it would be ashy enough for her hair however she's really unhappy with the colour as she feels it's still to yellow in comparison to her own natural colour, she's not grey just a very cool ashy blonde.

She's getting married in a couple of weeks so can anyone recommend a toner I could use on the hair which will give me a cooler toner without them going grey !

Thank you !!

I sometimes have this problem with the lightest blonde not being creamy or ashy enough. I always use fudge purple toning shampoo and it works a treat. Watch out for grabbing though, I tend to mix the toning shampoo to a sulphate free shampoo (1:1) Hope this helps x

Thanks you ! Glad it's not just me! Ile give this a try thanks so much ! X

Sorry I forgot to ask how long do you normally leave it for and is there any particular sulphate shampoo you would recommend using with it? X

Sorry I forgot to ask how long do you normally leave it for and is there any particular sulphate shampoo you would recommend using with it? X
Sometimes it's literally just seconds,or, half a minute-I find different hair from different suppliers grabs more than others. (Do a strand test first) Also, massage it all in evenly.Use any sulphate free shampoo xx

Thanks so much for your help! Xx

Try strand test first,poor quality,over processed hair will go really patchy.

Sometimes it's literally just seconds,or, half a minute-I find different hair from different suppliers grabs more than others. (Do a strand test first) Also, massage it all in evenly.Use any sulphate free shampoo xx
Would you usually tone them before fitting the hair? Xx

Latest posts

Back