Traumatic wax experience

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just trained in hot wax and I got taught you use a wet cotton pad for each section of hot wax and You dab it and it sets instantly, it is amazing!! Also whilst training if I lost my tan bit whilst removal, with hot wax if needs be you can pull from a different direction. I understand it's not the best way of removal but I'd rather that then out my client through loads of pain by trying to pick it where it's hairy lol x

While on this subject does anyone find the hair at the top of the labia/bottom of mons pubis stronger rooted and takes a bit more removing? I always find clients find this area quite painful is it something I'm doing? I think strip 2 is generally more painful but hope I haven't forgotten something from training!
Yes, absolutely. Stronger hair and hurts more than the rest. Make sure that your wax is a little thicker on the top of the labia so that it doesn't snap on that bit of hair that's really strong. Also, that's an area that women tend to trim which makes it tougher.

On another note (not in reference to your post)……..You really don't need to waste precious Blue lotion to set the wax as this will work out costly. Simply don't apply your wax too thick. Your wax should take moments to set, not minutes. I've never applied anything on my wax to make it set, even today when it was well over 90 degrees in my room. If you find you're waiting for your wax to set because you've applied too much, just sprinkle talc on top……….but you really shouldn't have to.

Yes, absolutely. Stronger hair and hurts more than the rest. Make sure that your wax is a little thicker on the top of the labia so that it doesn't snap on that bit of hair that's really strong. Also, that's an area that women tend to trim which makes it tougher.

On another note (not in reference to your post)……..You really don't need to waste precious Blue lotion to set the wax as this will work out costly. Simply don't apply your wax too thick. Your wax should take moments to set, not minutes. I've never applied anything on my wax to make it set, even today when it was well over 90 degrees in my room. If you find you're waiting for your wax to set because you've applied too much, just sprinkle talc on top……….but you really shouldn't have to.

Kim I only apply a few drops of blue lotion to a cotton pad , so it's not a lot of product and for me it works a treat and I find it better than using talc. I have had the odd time when my wax has been gummy I do this and it sets it up. When I attended my first discovery day with Perron Rigot that's how I was shown and that's what I show the students on the workshops.

Thanks Kim, I had it snap once it wasn't a pleasant experience for the client to have to try and get it off from there so thanks for the tip I'll make sure it's thick enough! I'm doing 3/4 a day now and do feel like it's clicked a lot more this past few weeks, did half leg underarms and Brazilian in under an hour today it took me 2 when first started so feel like I'm progressing! Sorry to blow own trumpet but I only do waxing so it's a big deal to me! :) x

Kim I only apply a few drops of blue lotion to a cotton pad , so it's not a lot of product and for me it works a treat and I find it better than using talc. I have had the odd time when my wax has been gummy I do this and it sets it up. When I attended my first discovery day with Perron Rigot that's how I was shown and that's what I show the students on the workshops.
Sorry Jack, only just seen this post. Fair enough but I've never needed to do it. Good tip in emergencies though.

Waxxxpress now do a spray specifically for helping set hot wax when it's a bit thick / too warm.

Also don't forget some companies do some waxes for warmer treatment rooms ... Perron essential rose and Berodin jetset (I think that's the name).

I'm revisiting this post as I also had my worst brazilian wax experience yesterday.
Lovely client came for first appointment with me although she gets waxed regularly.
At the stage where I apply my second strips (Kim style) the left side came off perfectly, the right hand side stuck half way up the labia and would not budge. Tried everything I could think of, extra wax for a tab, taking it out longer to less sensitive area but 3 times in a row it got to that same point and stuck. The wax seemed to have set like glue! Poor woman was in a lot of discomfort.
I stayed calm on the outside and reassured her it would come off but inside I felt like crying and running away! Very hot room also meant I was getting red in the face and looked flustered.
When I eventually got it off there was no skin damage or bleeding but a lot of very thick dense hair. I'm wondering if maybe such dense hair should be treated in narrower strips than I'm used to applying.
Awful experience! Any advice geeks?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone use a numbing cream for waxing and if so which one? X

Hi diana do you think the wax was applied thick enough there and pressed in firmly. I find that if the wax isn't applied firmly and thickly enough it can just sit on the top of the hair

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I dont use a numbing cream it would mean waiting for it to kick in before you could wax them and most clients want the experience over with.

Hi diana do you think the wax was applied thick enough there and pressed in firmly. I find that if the wax isn't applied firmly and thickly enough it can just sit on the top of the hair

I think initially it might not have been thick enough but I then applied more wax and really pushed it into the hairs. Could the first too thin application have been the problem?

Could have been. I was trained by kim and it is burned into my brain to apply with firm pressure and not thinly x

I'm revisiting this post as I also had my worst brazilian wax experience yesterday.
Lovely client came for first appointment with me although she gets waxed regularly.
At the stage where I apply my second strips (Kim style) the left side came off perfectly, the right hand side stuck half way up the labia and would not budge. Tried everything I could think of, extra wax for a tab, taking it out longer to less sensitive area but 3 times in a row it got to that same point and stuck. The wax seemed to have set like glue! Poor woman was in a lot of discomfort.
I stayed calm on the outside and reassured her it would come off but inside I felt like crying and running away! Very hot room also meant I was getting red in the face and looked flustered.
When I eventually got it off there was no skin damage or bleeding but a lot of very thick dense hair. I'm wondering if maybe such dense hair should be treated in narrower strips than I'm used to applying.
Awful experience! Any advice geeks?

I've had this before, was it just right at the little bit above the labia? I don't know what to call the area lol. I find it can happen if the person has quite long hair on that part, so you would give that a trim before starting. Also I've found it can happen if the person has quite loose skin aswell. So what I would do if it has trouble is ask her to stretch her tummy right up as taut as she can and you do your usual stretch aswell. I find that helps easier. I know your not trained to ask them to help but in some clients I find it much easier if they stretch too.

Lolly it was about half way up the outer labia. Hair wasn't too long but very thick. I trained with Kim and have been doing brazilians for almost two years and this is the first time this has ever happened. I use perron homme wax and never usually have any problems with it. My room is very hot just now but I don't know if that matters as all my other waxes have been ok recently.
As Steph suggested my wax application may have been a bit thin but I always leave a good edge to flick up. I'm at a loss to explain it, can't think what caused it to go so wrong!
The lady has re booked and although I offered this wax free as it was so traumatic, she insisted on paying.
Bet she doesn't actually come back though!

Latest posts

Back