Trying to remove purple 55.65 Wella help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayleyhair

Reaction score
I have a client who has 55.65 koleston in her hair for the last year and now wants to go a level 5 normal brown.
I've used a colour reducer a few times but still showing through after putting new colour on.
I done a good 10 mins of rinsing when using the reducer.

Any tips ????

You may still need to neutralise. Try using some gold to counteract the purple. So mix your flat 5 and put 10mls of 5.3 (I use L'Oreal so use the equivalent in Koleston) to try reduce the purple coming through

Yeah i used a 5.1 because it was very ginger after the reducer... but then the purple starting showing through slightly.
She's coming back in a few days so I'll give the 5.3 a go in a demi... what do you think about just using the 5.3 on its own?

The opposing tone to /65 on my wella shade chart is /22 , more a green ash , add that as mixtone to your base 5

Do u think that it's set out like a colour wheel?
Looking at a colour wheel it would be a yellow ? (Gold)???
I might give wella a call ask their advice too.
I'll write back what they say ... thank you though for your advise. It all makes sense x

Yes violet - yellow
Blue-orange
Green- red
/65 is a violet red , so the yellow will neutralise the violet , but not the red .
( I think ! ) let me know what wella say x

I'm waiting for wella to call me back... Maybe 5.3 with a bit of /22 ?? Then there's some yellow and green to neutralise the red and violet.

Can you upload a picture?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1507747109.239880.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1507747109.239880.jpg

Spoke to wella ... only way to remove is using blondor with pastel 1part to 3 parts and lift out to an orange/yellow and then use a 6/7 colour touch . Glad I know this now. I don't like using bleach to lift out colour but I'll use olaplex before and after. They also said not to use olaplex in the bleach mix or it won't do the job

Fair enough ! Let me know how it goes ! I would expect it to have a lot of warmth Put over orange !

I'm really surprised they recommended 6/7 and also to avoid olaplex ? If it lifted to an orange I would go straight over with a 5. Otherwise just add green and yellow to the 5 to neautralise

Latest posts

Back