Two courses at once or wait?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahb_91

Reaction score
Hi hoping you'll be able to advise me on what's best to do!

I'm wanting the start doing semi permanent classic lash extensions and have done a lot of research on it and decided on my course (flirties) and my trainer (Kelly in Manchester) and I'm planning on booking tomorrow. I eventually want to provide lash extensions and "HD" precision brow treatments and had planned on training in lashes first, allow myself a few months to practice and improve before training in brows as to not overwhelm myself and be able to focus on really getting the ins and outs of lashes before throwing brows into the mix, as I know lashes are quite a difficult technique/skill to master.

However, I was thinking by the time I feel I have practiced and done my case studies, have my certificate and insurance and ready to start offering the treatment this would probably be December. As I was planning on offering an introductory offer, I think this would be a good time as people are more likely to have these treatments over Christmas party season/ new year and they'll be interest in the offer. So as to make the most of the offer falling at this time, is it best to start brows and lashes at the same time, instead of waiting to do brows next year? Those of you who do lashes/brows, what is your most popular treatment out of the two? Do you see an increase in business during that time of year? Do you think it would be difficult practicing both at the same time or am I over thinking this? Haha . TIA!

It's hard to say really, I've just completed my lash lift course with Flirties and the response from it has been amazing and I already have 3 more appointments booked in for the month (had my 1st yesterday) and I only started up last Thursday. Because of this I'm seriously considering doing the precision brows course at the end of October to add on another treatment which I think people in my area will want too.

I would say do the lash course, see what response you get from people, if you find you're getting a lot of interest go in for brows too!

I think it's fine to learn more than one thing at a time, especially because the two things compliment each other.

It's hard to say really, I've just completed my lash lift course with Flirties and the response from it has been amazing and I already have 3 more appointments booked in for the month (had my 1st yesterday) and I only started up last Thursday. Because of this I'm seriously considering doing the precision brows course at the end of October to add on another treatment which I think people in my area will want too.

I would say do the lash course, see what response you get from people, if you find you're getting a lot of interest go in for brows too!

Thanks for your reply. That's so good to hear you're already having a lot of interest! I think I'll get start with the lashes and maybe do brows October or November. Best not to rush in all at once I suppose x

I think it's fine to learn more than one thing at a time, especially because the two things compliment each other.

Thanks for your response! Yeh i was thinking they go together well and nice to have variety as to not get bored doing one thing!

Thanks for your reply. That's so good to hear you're already having a lot of interest! I think I'll get start with the lashes and maybe do brows October or November. Best not to rush in all at once I suppose x
That sounds sensible! If you're anything like me taking on too much at once can be a bit overwhelming, but to be fair I only did my lash lift course a few weeks ago and I now feel ready to do another one. I'm glad I waited to see how I did with the first course than do 2 straight away because I did consider going down that route x

Latest posts

Back