Update on School Xmas Fair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmason

Reaction score
I posted a few weeks ago to let you all know that my letter-writing to schools in my area had really paid of cos I'd got several xmas fairs booked from it. Well since then I've actually ended up with 7 booked in and had to turn 3 away cos they clashed with other dates!!

Did the first one yesterday though, so was a bit apprehensive and unsure about what to expect. It was a really long day as it was from 10 till 3, had to get my mum to come and pick up my kids cos they were bored rigid by 12 lol!! I ended up making £30 on the nail art and my sister made £25 on the face painting and we donated £10 to the school. Even though it only worked out at £5 per hour for the work we really enjoyed ourselves and all the parents thought the nail art idea was fab cos it offered something 'different'.

All in all a good day and I feel alot more confident about the other fairs still to do - also one lady took a leaflet about my kids nail parties and said she'd tell her friends about me as well!

Hi Laura - I charge £2 per child. To start with I was including a coat of polish and a nail transfer/diamante/rhinestone etc on 2 nails on each hand. But because it was such a slow day and i wasn't having to rush each child, i ended up doing a design on each nail for them. It was quite amusing though cos I had a choice of ten polishes and they only ever chose the three pink shades!!

Hope you have a successful day at yours!

Latest posts

Back