UV hard gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodie077

Reaction score
hi! so im trained in gel extensions and i need someone to tell me if this right or wrong coz its driving me mad! i was taught to paint the gel on in 3 layers curing after each layer. is this right or wrong?! please help me!! thanks x

You were not trained well then...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

How is that wrong ? You do mean paint a layer of gel on 3 times and cure in between each one yes ?

You only "paint" on the first layer (base), the finish or top gel, and the colours...
It is hard to explain what to do...I suggest you find a better course...
And the number of layers varies depending on what you do.

If it was gel polish id understand that method but not just gel extensions green flower

I think I know what your getting at green flower is it because she said paint it on ? As meaning like gel polish ?

Hi Jodi

From the title I assume you are talking about a hard 'builder 'gel which you would do extensions with - Either with tips or with forms . Is that correct ?

If so then no, painting in 3 thin layers as you put it will not give you the correct shape or strength for the extensions . The application really does depend on the brand of gel you are using as each brand my very slightly in the application

However i can tell you for our brand then it would be . Thin base layer ( if needed as some of our gels do not need it ), cure . Thin-ish first layer of builder gel, cure Then the next layer would be your shaping layer where you build the shape correctly

What brand are you using and who did you do your training with ?

hi all yes i do mean hard gel for extensions using tips. i trained with gateway workshops. i was using ibd but now ive tried brisa lite. after the first set i did like how i was taught they all broke so i looked into why and read about how to build it (gigis book helped) ive sinse tried it that way and found improvement but im not great at building the apex (coz i wasnt taught to) my main question is if ive been taught wrong should i tell the trainer or what should i do? thanks for all ur replys xx

should add the training was non-branded! x

You need to build an apex because that is where your strength comes from.. you also need to make sure they are the right thickness. When you say they broke do you mean they snapped or pinged of or what?
I would have a word with your trainer yes :)

You need to build an apex because that is where your strength comes from.. you also need to make sure they are the right thickness. When you say they broke do you mean they snapped or pinged of or what?
I would have a word with your trainer yes :)
Thanks beki I think I will! They snapped which now makes sense if there's no strength there! Xx

There ary many good tutorials on youtube. Try searching for Crystal Nails or Young Nails

There ary many good tutorials on youtube. Try searching for Crystal Nails or Young Nails

Thank you I'll have a look :)

If you want to use the CND Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel then book in for a course, I'm sure there is a 1 day sculpting course for it that will show you how to get the best from this system.

Thanks izzidoll ill look into it xx

On the s2 website i can only see extend and repair is this the course I would need? X

Just to add, I have never been a great fan of Gel systems I was an L&P girl through and through. I just found gel a bit of a faff!
BL Sculpting gel is completely different from any other gel system I have tried, and behaves a bit more like L&P, which is probably why Iget on with it so well xx. Therefore I think if you have only experience of a generic gel system then some training with BL sculpting would be advised.

I think I need to aswel its completely different to the ibd I used!! :)

Thanks beki I think I will! They snapped which now makes sense if there's no strength there! Xx
Your welcome :) and the tips need to be about the same thickness as a credit card, if they are too thin then they will also snap. Good luck :) x

Your welcome :) and the tips need to be about the same thickness as a credit card, if they are too thin then they will also snap. Good luck :) x
thankyou so much! i love having all you lovely people to help!! :) xx

Latest posts

Back