Varnish after Pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noodle

Premium Geek
Reaction score
This may be a totally ridiculous question, but which do you find the easiest way to varnish toenails following a pedicure:-

1. Client's foot on your knee (with foot flat or vertical)?
2. Client's foot on foot rest (if you don't have a pedicure foot rest, that is)?
3. Client's foot on the floor?

I have tried them all, but am still struggling :sad:

I THINK FOOT ON THE KNEE IS EASIEST, ALTHOUGH I'VE GOT A REALLY REALLY LOW STOOL SO THATS IT'S EASIER TO REST THE FOOT ON ME. THATS JUST MY OPINION! WHILE I WAS AT COLLEGE SOME EVIL TUTOR ACTUALLY FAILED ME IN MY ASSESSMENT BECAUSE I WASN'T HOLDING THE POLISH BOTTLE WHILE PAINTING THE NAILS :irked: I WAS QUITE MIFFED AT THAT!

ALYSHA

My personal preference is to have the clients foot on my knee with their foot flat. I also find it's best to have your chair as low as possible so your looking down on their foot. Hope this helps.

Hi Karen

Ive tried various ways too the best two ways for me are:

- clients feet flat on low foot rest/stool - i then kneel in front - works extremely well
- clients feet flat on floor - not so easy for me as i need to get lower down !

its finding the most comfortable postion for both yourself and the client.

My client has a gas lift arm chair and I have a stool (from IKEA) which i sit on to perform pedicures and a couple of weekends ago my love took the saw to it for me and took 1/3rd off it, now its perfect height for me to sit on and massage clients legs etc and also when it comes to polishing etc its the perfect height for client to sit comfortably with their feet flat on the stool too

ive tried various versions of pedi stools / stations etc but for me they are too space consuming or uncomfortable for either myself or client - this is just perfect

hope this helps

kx

Hiya,

I find that client's foot on my knee (foot flat) works for me honey.
Must say I haven't tried any other way, but I will let you know if I find a better way of doing it. I put tissue between their toes to separate them, but I do agree it can be a bit of a faff.
HTH's
K x

Hi

I normally put the clients foot on my lap and tilt the foot towards me.

One thing that makes this easier is that I have my stool alot lower than the clients chair. This way the clients leg is slightly pointing down and the bull of the foot does not stand up so upright as it would if they had there leg at an even level.

Hope this makes some kind of sense.

Nicki

Karren

Do you know what the stool from Ikea was called? If not what does it look like and how much did it roughly cost.

Thanks

Nicki

Thanks for the advice guys.

Although I set my own foot stool to it's lowest setting when I do pedi's, perhaps it's time to invest in something even lower still, like one from IKEA or a child size chair.

I'll practically be sitting on the floor then, and maybe that's the answer :D !

karen noodle said:
I'll practically be sitting on the floor then, and maybe that's the answer :D !
Works for me!!

Don't do many pedicures so haven't invested in specific stool etc.

I get my client to sit in a comfy chair - (usually the sofa!) and sit on the floor throughout. When it comes to varnish, I put their foot on my knee and point the toes down.

Hi Nicki

The easiest way of explaining it is that its a wooden cube - i think about £15 ?? bought it last year i think, then you go somewhere else in the store to pick out what colour cover you want - they are not very expensive either - as i said this is fab for me especially now jake has cut a little off the bottom
to lower it.

When we went we were sitting and trying out all sorts playing nail tech and client ! lol

Whilst on a course actually one of the girls recommended something to me from their which is why i went but whilst "playing" it was not very suitable or sturdy

Another thing which is also very good, a friend of mine uses, are the pine milking stools - but i couldnt find these anywhere !

just think low id suggest - comfy for you and right height for clients feet to put on flat - with the new height of my stool too it does work for the client if they put their feet flat on my lap but this way i can only do one foot at a time and when you are base coating, 2 coats of polish then top coating its a lot of exercise for the client ! if on a stool etc then they just sit there whilst i move around them ! also i find for those clients who's ickle toes curl slightly away from the foot or under slightly i simply more the stool and their toes hang off slightly so not to damage the polish

if you want measurements etc or want me to look on ikea and get you the item number etc let me know

kx

Curzy said:
Karren

Do you know what the stool from Ikea was called? If not what does it look like and how much did it roughly cost.

Thanks

Nicki

Thanks so much Karren. I will drag my long suffering husband (and his wallet) down to Ikea in Lakeside on Saturday.

Nicki

your welcome - hope you find something that works for you - he'll of course have to be wearing a skirt to play the client !;)

kx

Curzy said:
Thanks so much Karren. I will drag my long suffering husband (and his wallet) down to Ikea in Lakeside on Saturday.

Nicki

Aaah, that stool looks perfect - and they have it in pink too!! Shame I don't have an Ikea near me :cry:
So far I have been sitting on the floor for pedicures, but I'm not sure that it seems very professional. Tried a bean bag but too big and too squashy, doesn't help that my client chair doesn't go all that high. Oh well, will keep searching!!

bimbogeri said:
Aaah, that stool looks perfect - and they have it in pink too!! Shame I don't have an Ikea near me :cry:
So far I have been sitting on the floor for pedicures, but I'm not sure that it seems very professional. Tried a bean bag but too big and too squashy, doesn't help that my client chair doesn't go all that high. Oh well, will keep searching!!
Oooh i like the pink one too. And it seems perfect for doing pedis.

Bimbogeri - I've only done a few practice pedis but I'd also been thinking that sitting on the floor wasn't very professional and was wondering what to do. The stool does look perfect, I think I'll get one from the Leeds store.

Can't you buy it over the internet and have it delivered or do IKEA not do that?

clients foot flat on my knee works well for me to

donna

Hi Geeks

With all the information, hints and suggestions from you guys, I decided to put my plan into action, and thought I would let you know that I have just bought the perfect bargain.

Wandering around the shops this morning, I noticed a footstool in Pound Stretcher, which is approximately 7" high, and wait for it, costs just £1.00! It's available in silver, blue or green and is the perfect height.

I can't wait now for my next pedi client to make an appointment.

Latest posts

Back